Vineco 2013 Ken Ridge Showcase collections

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How would you rate Vinco Ken Ridge Showcase collections?

• Total voters

mlaanela

Junior
Reaction score
I've just picked up the 2013 Ken Ridge Showcase collection brochure from my local u-brew.

Only the Murray River Shiraz is available now, so I dug up this info.

The wine is sourced from two vineyards - the shiraz from Qualia, the matero from the Andrew Peace vineyard.

The Qualia Shiraz: They appear to be very large commercial operation with vineyards over a wide area and a wide range of labels which they sell wine under.

http://www.qws.com.au/commissioners_block_shiraz

Here is what Andrew Peace vineyard says about their 2010 Peace by Peace Red, which seems somewhat similar to this blend.

"2010 Peace by Peace Red - A blend of Shiraz, Cabernet, Grenache and Mataro makes this a cracking medium to full bodied red that is soft, smooth and full of ripe forest fruit flavours.

Price per Bottle: $11
Price per Case: $120

Here is another review from 2009:

2009 Andrew Peace 'Peace by Peace' Red - A blend of Shiraz, Cabernet, Grenache and Mataro makes this a cracking medium to full bodied red that is soft, smooth and full ripe forest fruit flavours.

AP seems like a mid-sized commercial operation with 100 hectares producing 460,000 cases annually for local and international markets.

The winery has won a few bronze local awards it seems: http://www.inlandwine.com/results11.asp

Moscato - Andrew Peace Wines NV Heart & Soul Moscato 46.5 points

I wonder what sort of growing year this region had in 2011/11? Any thoughts

I have this on order. A few years ago, WE offered a limited edition Mataro/Shiraz that was out of this world. After making the first one, I searched for another and found a couple at a LHBS about 50 miles south of home. He had to kits and agreed (reluctantly, I might add) to sell one to me. To this day, I consider it to be one of my most memorable and enjoyable wines. After seeing this kit, I knew I had to have one. Can't wait to get it started.

Back