WineXpert Luna Rossa - Information Please...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcb54

Reaction score
I recently bottled the WE Luna Rossa. I was wondering about the grapes or the blend that was in this.

I sent this e-mail to WineExpert:

I just finished bottling a Wine Expert Luna Rossa kit. Could you please tell me what blend of grapes this contains? I could not find any information that told me. Thank you very much.

I received the followingreply from Winexpert. Can anyone help me de-cipher this rather cryptic message? I think it's a "read between the lines" kind of answer,but I do not have enough experience in this.Does anyone know what grapes or blend this kit contains? Anyone???

Thank you for your contact and for choosing our products. I’m sorry that the formulation on this is completely proprietary. The Luna Rossa is a blend and is modeled after the Italian wine, Amarone de Recioto de Valpolicella. It’s made in the north-east of Italy, in the Veneto region. Ripasso-style, it utilises partially rasined grapes of typical Italian varietals. Were you to make some educated guesses as to the nature of the formulation based on this, you’d be going in the right direction.

Cheers,

Customer Service
Winexpert Inc.

Well, i know a Amarone in true form is made from3 grapes, the Corvina, Rondinella, and the Molinara. After that, youre on your own as they will not relinquish theyre blend in fear that another company mat use it and copy what they have worked hard to discover.

They are saying that it is a blend of amarone varietals, done in a lighter fashion, hence the Ripasso style. The RJS equivalent to this is Rosso Grande (Big Red).

I have this wine, and it is now 2.5 years in age. It goes very well with Pizza, and it could be put side by side by a light Valpolicella. The oak in this one is heavier, as are the acids. At 2.5 years, the KT is barely there.

Dean,

Thanks for the information... that's just thething I was looking for.

Latest posts

Back