First wine kit instructions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acommonsoul

Junior
Reaction score
Okay, so I am going to be doing the Eclipse Sonoma Pinot Noir kit soon and had a couple of questions regarding the instructions. First, the instructions emphasize
not rehydrating the yeast. In my beer brewing experience I was always told to rehydrate dry yeast. So, should I rehydrate or not?....also is it a good idea to add yeast nutrients?....the last thing I want is a stuck fermentation

It will work both ways so long as you've got and keep your must near the kit instruction's temperature. I mostly just sprinkle so if I do get a stuck fermentation (it has never happened to me) I can as a last resort go back to the kit manufacturer or dealer and get a new kit.

I've never used nutrient or energizer with any of my kits but have always used it with my fruit/country wines.

Last edited:
What Bill said. No need to rehydrate the yeast or add nutrient to an Eclipse kit.

1. Just sprinkle on top.

2. No yeast nutrients needed. Already added by kit manufacturer.

Many if not most kits come with Lavlin EC-1118 which I've read is a pretty hardy and near fool proof yeast.

Back