Rocky the (Italian) Greek

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
c206e5caa3b89525488e6d5914afaf02.jpg

I think I hear a fat lady singing!

What a game, what a comeback! You have to give Brady and Belichick credit. You may not like either or neither but they have to be considered the greatest QB-coach combination in the history of the game.

Atlanta played one heck of a game and they have nothing to regret. I think in the end, experience won out.

I will say this, it was fun for me to watch a Super Bowl game and not have a favorite in it. I really enjoyed the athleticism, the great plays, the enthusiasm on both sides, particularly Atlanta and the way New England came back when it looked like they were toast at 28-3. The announcers were saying that no team had ever come back from a 14 point deficit. I guess that still applies but one team came back from a 25 point deficit and scored 31 unanswered points.

As much as it pains me to say, you have to give Brady, Belicheat and the Pats their due. They were amazing in the second half. It looked like the Falcons played to not lose rather than to win after halftime. I just can't stop thinking about the field goal opportunity they squandered late in the game. I'm pretty sure it will be on their minds all summer as well. Great game though.

The Falcons did not come out of the locker room after the half with anywhere near the same intensity of play. The defense looked tired in the 4th QTR. I blame it all on Lady Gaga...... :)

The Falcons did not come out of the locker room after the half with anywhere near the same intensity of play. The defense looked tired in the 4th QTR. I blame it all on Lady Gaga...... :)

New England dominated the time of possession stat, running 88 plays to Atlanta's 41. The Falcon defense was gassed from the middle of the 3rd quarter to the end. I read or heard somewhere that Belichick has a very rigorous training and conditioning regimen. It sure paid off in this game.

An absolutely incredible catch. As much as Brady deserved MVP, I thought Edelman deserved it just as much.

I agree Jim, Edelman played a phenomenal game. If you look at the stats, his receptions/target were only 5/13, while White was 14/16 and Amendola was 8/11. However, when you take into account that he was held on almost every play and his yards/catch were 17.4, he was outstanding. And that catch! What a study in concentration. It has to be the greatest that I have ever seen, College or Pros.

I truly enjoyed the game and I believe Atlanta is a team on the rise. I also would not be surprised if we have seen the last of Brady's playing career. If it makes sense to "go out on top," how much more "top" is there? QB in 5 Bowl wins and 4th MVP, the most in both categories for any QB in history! At 39 years old, it is probably time to say, "That was a pretty fair career."

OMG!! what a game, I would have bet the farm that the Pats were going to
lose in the 3rd quarter. MVP, I think White should have received it imho. Brady gave him the car
which I think was nice.

Bill

OMG!! what a game, I would have bet the farm that the Pats were going to
lose in the 3rd quarter. MVP, I think White should have received it imho. Brady gave him the car
which I think was nice.

Bill

I can't ague with any of that Bill. There were a lot of heroes in the game. White make some very critical catches and first downs. It was the best Super Bowl I have ever seen (and I am a die hard Steeler fan).

I can't ague with any of that Bill. There were a lot of heroes in the game. White make some very critical catches and first downs. It was the best Super Bowl I have ever seen (and I am a die hard Steeler fan).

I think this sort of lines up with the Jets vs Baltimore Colt, when Joe Namath
beat them, for the first AFC win.

Bill

Back