Skittle Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. I think I'm going to give it a go. I'm curious if anyone has ever done this with jolly ranchers.

Thre three color wine is looking nice. Just imagine the other one flowing over the edges, across the table and on to the floor. YUCK!

Sarah, I'm glad you got your's started today so we can compare notes on this thread as we go along.

Ha Ha! No thanks! I'm starting mine in 2 gallon buckets. Even though they look pretty disgusting while fermenting......I still want to take a taste, they smell soooo good! I have the feeling I will want to be doing a bigger batch of this as soon as these are done. Does anyone who has done this before know how these do with clearing? Do they ever get clear or just keep a cloudy haze when finished?

Interesting. I think I'm going to give it a go. I'm curious if anyone has ever done this with jolly ranchers.

I'm sure they would be a lot harder to liquefy but no doubt it can be done.

Interesting, everything I read today talked about infusing the vodka into the Gummy bears for a nice treat. LOL

OMG what's next?

Magically Delicious Lucky Charms??

Actually, the marshmallows are nearly pure sugar...

Wonder when they go on sale next? LOL!

EDIT: Looks like someone in general chat has already beat me to the punch on the idea:

Magicians Marshmallows

Go for it Minnesotamaker!

Last edited:
HA HA Julie got a sniff today. Guess what she's making next!

Dam you Dan, you realize you were the one who talked me into the candy cane wine and now I have to make a bigger batch of that next year! :slp)

Ok count me in too !
Skittles are my wifes favorite candy, there is usually a bag laying around somewhere. I mentioned it to her yesterday and today she came home with 5 bags.......... We made up a 1 gallon batch tonight to see how it turns out.
Its still cooling down so I will pitch the yeast later this evening.
Its kind of a dark red color right now and very murky and the kitchen smells like skittle soup :db

update:
After it had cooled down overnight, I was able to scoop the white waxy stuff off the top before
pitching the yeast.

Last edited:
I racked mine earlier this week, I took a taste of it today, not a really strong flavor, but it definitely still tastes like skittles! I'll try it again when it drops some more sediment. I'm going to make a big batch of sparkalloid for a few other wines, so I'm going to add a little bit to see if it helps clear it a little more (since my batch is only one gallon of each). Mmmmmmmmmm can't wait till that one is done!

I boiled a gallon of water and then added the Skittles instead of pouring the boiling water in the primary. OMG these Skittles ended up in one big goober. The heck with the primary, I dumped it into there and stirred the heck out of it reducing the goober by about 80%.

I could say something Dan, but I guess I'll be nice! :-D

So I'm having issues clearing mine, it was not clearing AT ALL (no sediment on the bottom what so ever after 10 days in the jugs) so I added some sparkolloid to it (made a bigger batch for something else). I separated all right, and all the sediment floated to the top, making it a disaster to rack (as soon as it was disturbed, it just all mixed in over again). So I am just trying to rack it off the best I can. (it keeps floating).

Skittles were on sale, so I decided to pick up about 6 pounds of them and start a bigger batch. I decided to pull out the big guns and start by adding bentonite to begin with.........and later on try SuperKleer to see if that works a little better.

Anyone else having issues with clearing? BTW there is absolutely NO difference in color between the two original batches (one batch with just red orange and yellow, the other batch with all colors).

Sarah mine has not cleared at all either. What was your sg reading when you stablized. Mine was still at 1.0 last week. I may rack and stabilize this week. I also have floaters. I ended up with an extra 1/2 gallon that I'll be using for topping up with when racking off the goobers. I am also going to hit it with Super Kleer

Mine also stopped at about 1.000 which is when I moved it from the primary to the one gallon jugs (started at 1.084). The sparkolloid worked in that it separated the solids, but they all either just floated or stayed suspended (they didn't really sink). Let me know how the superkleer works!

I hate them floaters. Ok I'm racking maybe tomorrow and I'll keep you posted.

Heres an idea; if you sat your carboy in the sink and had another surplus bottle you could carefully siphon that one into the main carboy and float the floaters out of the main carboy. Silly?

I even tried putting the racking cane in, letting it sit for a day to settle, then racking. It got probably half of the floaters out, but still mixed some of it in, it'll probably be a case of just racking over and over again until most of it's out.........of course by then half of the wine will be gone from the repeated racking since they are only one gallon batches.

Latest posts

Back