How long does it take you to get a pH reading with Milwaukee meter?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v8rx7guy

Reaction score
I invested in a Milwaukee MW-101 6 months ago. I have been taking readings on my wine, and it seems to take multiple minutes for the meter to give me a stable reading. Is this normal?

Also, my wife wanted to use it to get an accurate reading for her fish tank hobby and the readings seem "off" to her. Is there any reason my meter shouldnt be able to accurately read a slightly basic value such as 7.10, even though it is calbrated using the 7.00 and 4.00 buffer solutions?

I invested in a Milwaukee MW-101 6 months ago. I have been taking readings on my wine, and it seems to take multiple minutes for the meter to give me a stable reading. Is this normal?

Also, my wife wanted to use it to get an accurate reading for her fish tank hobby and the readings seem "off" to her. Is there any reason my meter shouldnt be able to accurately read a slightly basic value such as 7.10, even though it is calbrated using the 7.00 and 4.00 buffer solutions?

Sounds like it might need cleaning, which seems to reduce the up/down fluctuations during readings. If you've calibrated at 4 & 7, the fish tank readings should be quite accurate in the 7's.

What happened ? I thought I posted my reply. If I were checking a pH near 4.0 I would check and see what a buffer of 4.0 read. should read 4.0, then check my sample. When going from a higher pH to a lower pH, it takes longer than when going from a lower pH to a higher pH
Semper Fi

Latest posts

Back