Craft Series Cider Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_rayway

Always busy
Reaction score
Has anyone tried these? I just picked up the Raspberry Lime one yesterday for summer beveraging:

"Craft Series Raspberry Lime Cider
Fresh raspberries coupled with zippy lime. This cider is sweet and refreshing treat at anytime!"

Interested in how it came out for others!

No, I have not. But I did make about 10 gallons of cider from FAJC...good old Tree Top apple juice. I put up several gallon jugs of it and I have about half of an Berry flavored Fpac that I plan to mix with it...just because I know I'll get burnt out drinking 10 gallons of the same stuff!

I added no sugar and it came out a tart and lightweight cider...you can drink several and not get plastered. One batch I back sweetened with more FAJC, I like it much better. Bet you will enjoy yours.

Has anyone tried these? I just picked up the Raspberry Lime one yesterday for summer beveraging:

"Craft Series Raspberry Lime Cider

Fresh raspberries coupled with zippy lime. This cider is sweet and refreshing treat at anytime!"

Interested in how it came out for others!

Let me know how it turns out!
My attempts at diy cider have been less than stellar!

Are you making it still or carbonating?

It's carbonated, sounds like it's made like a beer kit with a primer, etc.

My last batch of cider was with home made crab apple juice and it was WAY too dry!

If it is carbonated with priming sugar, then it will be dry. The yeast converts all the sugar to CO2 gas.

I made hard cider from fresh apple juice. I reserved some, and fermented the rest. K-meta and k-sorbate the reserved juice. When fermentation was done, I racked, K-meta, and K-sorbate. Then, blended the two together. If you don't degass, the mixture will have some fizz. If you want more fizz, you can force carbonate (2 liter bottle and a CO2 cartridge).

I found that the interesting part! There is an f-pack included that sweetens, which makes me think they use an unfermentable sugar for that part, and priming sugar for the carbonation.

We will see as it get it going I guess!

Back