GREATER KANSAS CITY CELLARMASTERS ~ 18th Annual Wine Classic

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might. I've entered this one the last 2 years. It's a very reasonable entry fee.

I have as well last two years. Great entry fee. Pretty good notes. Its not a large competition by any means. Nice hardware IIRC.

I was planning on announcing this competition soon. We had the privilege of hosting a visit by Jack Keller this past spring. He had a chance to taste some of the wine winners of the classic. See his October entries in his log http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/wineblognew.asp

We have about 200 entries, we award gold, silver and bronze medals as well as prizes from our sponsors. the event is January 27-28 with entries due Jan 2-14.

further details are attached.

View attachment 2017wine classic packet.pdf

Last edited:
Nice blog about your organization - I wish I lived closer and could be an active member! I entered last year and marked my calendar to remind me for this year to check the website when I did the information was up for the 2017 competition - sorry I posted before you announced the competition.

Wine Entries for this competition are due next week, Jan 2-14.

Along with he standard compliment of medals , great prizes will be supplied by our sponsors.

A 23 liter barrel for the Best of Show supplied by KC Cellarmasters

Wine kits from RJS, Wine Expert and Most Mondaile

Product and certificates from All In One Wine Pump, Presque Isle, Midwest Supplies, Northern Brewer, Wine Maker Magazine, St Louis Wine and Beer Making, Bacchus and Barleycorn, Vinemetrica, Buon Vino and BH Enterprises.

Hope to see you entry. More details available at www.cellarmasters.org

Malbec

Wine Entries for this competition are due next week, Jan 2-14.

Along with he standard compliment of medals , great prizes will be supplied by our sponsors.

A 23 liter barrel for the Best of Show supplied by KC Cellarmasters

Wine kits from RJS, Wine Expert and Most Mondaile

Product and certificates from All In One Wine Pump, Presque Isle, Midwest Supplies, Northern Brewer, Wine Maker Magazine, St Louis Wine and Beer Making, Bacchus and Barleycorn, Vinemetrica, Buon Vino and BH Enterprises.

Hope to see you entry. More details available at www.cellarmasters.org

I don't see Malbec listed as one of the classes. How would it be categorized?

@cmsben61 I would think you would select: 2g. Other Red Vinifera

But I would wait for @salcoco to say the correct answer.

TXWineDuo

What kind of packing materials do y'all use to ship the bottles in?
We can get styrofoam inserts at uline, does anybody use them?
@ibglowin what do you call your wine when they ask at shipping place?

We had FedEx express break a bottle we tried to ship to my sister in Mo. Are they safe to use or go ups?
TXWineDuo

Steak marinade.

We had FedEx express break a bottle we tried to ship to my sister in Mo. Are they safe to use or go ups?
TXWineDuo

TXWineDuo

I wrap in bubble wrap and pack tight so nothing moves. I've actually never been asked what's in the box:db

TXWineDuo

I use FedEx. Because I live in BFE its cheaper (gas & time) to pay the $3 home pick up fee and it deletes ALL questions about the contents. Be sure to put "fragile" on the box because the one time I didn't the box arrived pretty roughed up. Also connect with local facebook friends and see if anyone is in a wine club = great source of awesome FREE shipping boxes!

I buy wine direct from the winery and online places like K&L all the time and save my shipping boxes. Just dig through the stack and find the right size.

Just a friendly reminder that entries or this Wine competition need to be submitted between now and the 14th.

Hope to see your entries there!

Shipping 3 partial cases tomorrow from Madison Wisconsin wine club. Wrapping in bubble wrap and putting in wine cases. They should be fine. Using ups

Latest posts

Back