17 years of marriage over

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CowboyRam

Reaction score
17 years of marriage has com to and end, my wife has left for Kansas. The worst is I miss my 16 year old son, her not so much.

Hang in there. It isn't easy but you will get through it. Maintain good contact with your boy. It will help you both get through this event.

Is there any chance of a reconciliation down the road? You did write that you missed her not so much. I do feel your pain in missing your son. Hang in there and if you can draw some comfort knowing that there are folks here praying for you.

Sorry to hear this but hopefully some good comes out of this.

Sorry for your difficult situation, but keep in contact with your son and you will never loose him....

ps, do you know the Franzens?

Sorry for your difficult situation, but keep in contact with your son and you will never loose him....

ps, do you know the Franzens?

No I don't know the Franzens

I plan doing my very best at keeping contact with my son.

I want to thank everyone for the words of encouragement. I actually feel relieved that she is gone. We have been having problems for several years. She has threaten to leave several times in the past. I was just not ready for it then, but this time I was. Here last summer she and Jonathan went back to Kansas to see her family, and part of me was hoping that she would not come back then. The hard part is she has taken Jonathan with her, and I have no idea when I may be able to see him again. The worst thing is that it puts Jonathan right in the middle of all this, and he should have to go through this. I just hope she does not poison him against me.

Thanks again for the support.

You need to go see an attorney right away. The first thing you need to get resolved is custody and/or visitation rights.

I agree with Julie. I am not an attorney but your son being 16 years old may give him considerable say in who is with, who he sees and when. The laws on "domestic litigation" (the new politically correct term for divorce) differ from state to state. In any case, make sure that your son understands that he does not have to choose sides in this matter and that he can see and love both of you and both of you love him. The issue is between you and your wife, not your son.

Above all, keep the whole thing civil. This will all pass and you will both have your son and your lives ahead of you.

Cowboy,

So very sorry for your loss, and it is a loss. Went through it as well a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. A 16 year old will have a big say in their custody/living arrangement if both parents are equally qualified.

35go06.jpg

Latest posts

Back