Some Beer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMROD

Reaction score
A few pictures of my German Bock
2005-03-23_011252_beer.jpg

Very nice looking beer Ramrod. Dark beer is my favorite. I never made beer. My Dad use to when I was around 10 years old. How hard is it to make?

Compared to making some of the fruit wines you make....simple and quicker!

I looked at all those ingredients, etc. sounds like alot of stuff, or can you just get a kit like wine and go for it?

You can buy kits all packaged with the correct and measured ingredients. Only equipment you need that you don't already have is a brew pot. Edited by: masta

Yes you need a capper...stop by I have two extra I don't use!!!!
smiley36.gif

That's good looking beer! Just happens to be my favorite type. How does it taste?

Joe everyone I have talked to said dont use the instuctions that come with the beer kits they come out real sweet more like wine. I dont have a scanner but if you want I can type out the general instructions that I used. CW I bottled 2/24/05 @ 0200 am tryed a bottle today after cooling overnight and it tastes great, has a full bodyed malt taste with a hint of floral from the hops with no after taste. Going to let it set for another 2 weeks before riping into it.
smiley2.gif

Heh Thanks! Maybe post it at the "Recipes"...very much appreciated. I have been thinking about trying to make some brew. Summer is coming close, and now and then working outside, I could almost taste a good one.
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back