My white grape niagara /blueberry pomegranate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazoo20

Junior
Reaction score
I just wanted to share my newest wine creation. I followed Wades recipe for the white grape Niagara but my ingredients was somewhat different. Wades recipe was as follows 5.5 Gallons - Welch’s White Grape Juice
11 Tsps - Acid Blend
5 lbs - Sugar
3 tsp - Pectic Enzyme
6 tsp - Yeast Nutrient
3 tsp – Yeast Energizer
1 ½ tsp - Tannin
0 - Sulfite as Welch’s juice already contains some
1 Sachet – Red Star Pasteur Red Yeast
½ Gallon - Water

what i did was ,
5.5 gallons of pure juice which consisted of mostly welches whipe grape juice + Old Orchard 100% Blueberry/pomegranate juice. (4 64oz. bottles of blueberry).
3 Tsps Acid Blend
6 lbs sugar
0 - peptic enzyme
6 tsp- yeast nutrient
3 tsp- yeast energizer
0- tannin
1 package of champagne yeast

SSG- 1.084
racked at 1.010
ending SG- 0.992

After adding stabilizers and clearing agents the next day I back sweeten with 1 64oz bottle of old orchard Blueberry/pomegranate juice. It is still in early aging period but I have sneaked a few glasses and I have to report I feel its totally awesome! I feel Ive made something of a likeness of a professional wine finally. Taste to me is unique. I take a swig of this swoosh it in my mouth and slowly swallow and Its not too dry or very sweet at all. It gives me a taste of just a small hint of the blueberry/pomegranate that just makes me want to have another taste again and again. It leaves a slight tingle sensation in my mouth and I can't wait to taste it again.

I have no idea what the difference would be if I would have used the full 11 Tsps of acid blend or the pectic enzyme or tannin but what I ended up with is a wine I totally fall in love with and I don't' find many I like enough to say this about.

Big Thanks to Wade on here for his recipe! I differed from it a little bit when I did it but this stuff turned out amazing in my eyes. My first wine was made from a kit costing $82 and I think it turned out "ok" if you just want a buzz from something. Second wine I made from white grape juice about 2 gallons and 3 water and minimal added ingredients- turned out like crap. This, my 3rd try, I feel is amazing and will be making more. Total cost for 6 gallons was under $50 for me. I really like this new hobby.

Once you find something you like... you can tweak it over and over... next time try a diff flavor of juice... you never know!!

Debbie

Back