Harford Vineyard - Estimated Grape Arrivals

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, looks like nothing new this week. Emailed last night about my Suisun Merlot that was supposed to be in this week. Teresa said it will be in on 'the next shipment', which I believe is next week. Working on next Friday off. Will hopefully get Cab Franc and maybe Malbec as well. Could be a decent workout for the new C/D.

@mainshipfred: let me know what you're up to next Friday. I have another mid-day baseball event that Saturday, but Sunday might work if Friday doesn't.

Last edited:
I just bottled a Spring 2016 Pinot Grigio today to open up another 6 gallon carboy. The Chenin Blanc and Pinot Grigio are almost totally dry, sounding off about once a minute, the White Zin is still chugging a bit (once every 5 seconds or so). Used QA 23 on all three. 68.5*F in the basement since it's been hot enough to turn the A/C back on full time (hit 92*F today, but humidity isn't real bad, yet). Nice slow ferment for all three (at day 8).

I just bottled a Spring 2016 Pinot Grigio today to open up another 6 gallon carboy.

When are you headed up (down), Craig?

Anyone going this Friday? I'm expecting to have at least one, if not 2 or 3 varietals in.

The Chenin Blanc and Sauvignon Blanc juice pails finished out right about 0.090, so I stabilized them. I used Craig's trick of fermenting in the pails provided by Harford, which worked well. There was a bit of foaming but nothing too bad.

I racked the Old Vine Zinfandel and the Petit Syrah. They're doing a concurrent alcohol (BM4x4) and malolactic fermentation (VP41).

Everything smells great!

When are you headed up (down), Craig?

Anyone going this Friday? I'm expecting to have at least one, if not 2 or 3 varietals in.

I'm hoping to take the trip down on Saturday morning. Hope the next notice is a good one.

I'm done. Decided to be fiscally responsible and only got three buckets since I'm saving up for plane tickets to San Antonio in December (I hope).

Should be a good time of year to visit! The Riverwalk that time of year is just beautiful!

12314310_10203899928177527_6735893880938913846_o.jpg

I'm done. Decided to be fiscally responsible and only got three buckets since I'm saving up for plane tickets to San Antonio in December (I hope).

Should be a good time of year to visit! The Riverwalk that time of year is just beautiful!
I hope we get time to look around a bit, but I doubt it. Fly in Thursday night, graduation Friday, fly out Friday night or early Saturday morning depending on the available flights. At least it shouldn't be extremely hot!

Well if you need any ideas of places to go, stay (or eat) let me know!

I hope we get time to look around a bit, but I doubt it. Fly in Thursday night, graduation Friday, fly out Friday night or early Saturday morning depending on the available flights. At least it shouldn't be extremely hot!

I was starting to get nervous, first time buying from Colivita and will calling. They've been pretty slow and inconsistent communitating with me (it's not like they're busy or anything) but just got notice, all will be ready to pick up Friday the 29th. Road trip to Beautiful downtown Fresno end of week. Crush on Saturday!
Mike

Well if you need any ideas of places to go, stay (or eat) let me know!

I will. We may stay longer, but with two T1D's at home, we'll be worrying all the time, though her cousin is planning to take time off and stay at our place, and she's been a nurse all her life, so they'd be in good hands. And it is extremely rare we have any issues, also not like they can't call us on our phones. We definitely don't get to do enough things as a couple, so this would in reality be a great opportunity, plus her cousin is easily bought with wine, and she loves our kids.

I think I'm talking myself into a week stay now (my wife would be ecstatic)!

Edit: Chenin Blanc racked, smells great (as QA23 usually does), SG 0.992.

Last edited:
Plenty of things to do! You have the Riverwalk, The Alamo, all the rest of the Spanish Missions that actually put the Alamo to shame as far as beauty and size, Six Flags Fiesta Texas is open on weekends for the Holiday's and is decked out with lights out the wazzoo. Tons of shopping (indoor and outdoor) restaurants. The Hill Country Wine Trail is growing like a weed with Napa ($$$) like wineries being built left and right just up the road between Kerville and Austin. New Braunfels is a huge German settlement (45 mins North) with lots of shops and festivals and of course beer and brats!

I think I'm talking myself into a week stay now (my wife would be ecstatic!

Plenty of things to do! You have the Riverwalk, The Alamo, all the rest of the Spanish Missions that actually put the Alamo to shame as far as beauty and size, Six Flags Fiesta Texas is open on weekends for the Holiday's and is decked out with lights out the wazzoo. Tons of shopping (indoor and outdoor) restaurants. The Hill Country Wine Trail is growing like a weed with Napa ($$$) like wineries being built left and right just up the road between Kerville and Austin. New Braunfels is a huge German settlement (45 mins North) with lots of shops and festivals and of course beer and brats!

Beer and Brats sounds like a winner to me (I'm about 25% "cherman"). I've got one of the New Braunfels smokers, so might as well go see where the idea came from. Bet they have some good brisket too!

Latest posts

Back