Harford Vineyard - Estimated Grape Arrivals

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing here. I believe Lodi is harvesting this week, which means delivery next.

If its any benefit, locally my guy said next week a lot of the Lanza grapes will be in. I'm in Pittsburgh. I was scheduled for Wednesday but we rescheduled for Friday because he wasn't sure about the Koch Cab being in.

We will be receiving our first delivery of California grape & juice tomorrow, September 14th.
All California juice ordered by 9/12 will be on delivery.
Not all California grape will be on this delivery. Please read carefully which varietals are arriving.
Pick-ups will begin on Friday, September 15th.
Pick-ups for crush & destem orders will begin Saturday, September 16th.
The following Lodi / Central Valley Grape will be on delivery:
Alicante
Barbera
Cabernet Sauvignon
Merlot
Nebbiolo
Petite Sirah
Pinot Noir
Syrah
Tempranillo
Zinfandel
Old Vine Zinfandel
Thomson Seedless
The following Suisun Valley / Lanza grape will be on delivery:
Chardonnay
Pick-Up Times
9/15 - 12 pm - 5 pm
9/16 - 8:30 am - 5 pm
9/17 - 8:30 am - 5 pm
9/18 - 9/22 - 10 pm - 5 pm
9/23 - 8:30 am - 5 pm
9/24 - 8:30 am - 5 pm
Pick-ups for crush & destem orders will start on Saturday, September 16

Guess I know where I'll be on Saturday morning! Wasn't expecting them this week, but this works out better since we are having a "Your joining the Air Force" party for my Son on the 23rd, and I plan on getting up early doing some pulled pork and ribs as some of the choices (along with burgers, dogs, snausages, chicken breast sandwiches, etc, oh, forgot the wings). The party starts at 1pm, BYOB, we supply the food and non-alcoholic beverages.

Last edited:
A little disappointing that they are making you wait until Saturday if you need crush/destem. With baseball season in full swing, many Saturdays aren't that good. And I'm an assistant coach, so it isn't like I can skip a game. I was hoping to pick up grapes on a Friday - need to burn some vacation. I really need to find a C/D.

Nice! I'm guessing it's going to be another 10-14 days till grapes come in.

I'm a bit disappointed that I'm still not getting any emails from them.
Check your junk folder. Mine went there initially when I signed up a couple months ago.

I checked. Nothing there. I gave them a different email address too. Hopefully I get the next one.
Strange. I got one about the peach festival soon after I signed up and then three in the past couple weeks. Hopefully the other email works.

We will be receiving our first delivery of California grape & juice tomorrow, September 14th.
All California juice ordered by 9/12 will be on delivery.
Not all California grape will be on this delivery. Please read carefully which varietals are arriving.
Pick-ups will begin on Friday, September 15th.
Pick-ups for crush & destem orders will begin Saturday, September 16th.
The following Lodi / Central Valley Grape will be on delivery:
Alicante
Barbera
Cabernet Sauvignon
Merlot
Nebbiolo
Petite Sirah
Pinot Noir
Syrah
Tempranillo
Zinfandel
Old Vine Zinfandel
Thomson Seedless
The following Suisun Valley / Lanza grape will be on delivery:
Chardonnay
Pick-Up Times
9/15 - 12 pm - 5 pm
9/16 - 8:30 am - 5 pm
9/17 - 8:30 am - 5 pm
9/18 - 9/22 - 10 pm - 5 pm
9/23 - 8:30 am - 5 pm
9/24 - 8:30 am - 5 pm
Pick-ups for crush & destem orders will start on Saturday, September 16

Against all odds, my Cali grapes and juice are all in the same delivery!! So, I'll make the trip mid-morning Saturday, so PM me if you're going to be there at that time. I'll be the one jamming buckets into a black Wrangler. :h

The Washington State grapes will be a different pick-up sometime in October.

Against all odds, my Cali grapes and juice are all in the same delivery!! So, I'll make the trip mid-morning Saturday, so PM me if you're going to be there at that time. I'll be the one jamming buckets into a black Wrangler. :h

The Washington State grapes will be a different pick-up sometime in October.

Define "mid-morning". Around our house early morning starts at 4:30 am, so mid-morning is maybe 8 am?

Seriously, when are you aiming for time wise, I can adjust my schedule to meet up, just so it isn't too late. Have to get back to pick one up from practice and another up from work.

None of mine are in yet. Looking like next week, the week after, then again the week after that. :(

Got my juice buckets today, here are the pre-ferment readings:

Chenin Blanc - SG 1.081 @ 66*F, pH 3.3, TA 4.1 g/L
White Zin (not very white) - SG 1.082 @ 64*F, TA 3.1 g/L
Pinot Grigio (for my brother's wife) - SG 1.082 @ 65*F, pH 3.29, TA 3.9g/L

I think I'll add some tartaric to the PG, the others I'm gonna let go until after fermentation is complete. Added Opti-white to all and am using QA23 for all (@heatherd is using D47 (I think) for her Chenin Blanc, so we'll have a similar batch to trade and see if we notice a difference from the yeasties used).

All sitting nicely in the basement at 71.2*F ambient temperature.

9-16-17_juice-buckets.JPG

Not likely but let me see how my week goes and if my order is in. Friday could work.

I'd say we could carpool, - might have to take measurements in the Outback to be sure - I should be picking up the C/D on the way home. Probably plenty of room though - I think I'm only going to have 3 lugs in this week.

Latest posts

Back