Other Kit Rose??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MandyP

Junior
Reaction score
Hello!
Is there a Rose kit out there that you recommend?
I haven't made any wine in many years and am trying to get back into it
I'm a middle of the road kinda person-so probably not the cheapest kit and def not the most expensive

Passport just released their limited edition sacramento county cabernet sauvignon rose.....which i am making next weekend. Other than that, i think there was a sauvignon blanc rose (weird, but it exists), but that was a limited edition, too (from last year, i think).....not sure if you can buy it anymore.

The Cab Sauv Rose was just released. It is a limited edition, but since it just came out, you should have a decent chance at finding one - check FineVineWines. The Sauvignon Blanc Rose was originally done last year, but they decided to do it again this year.

Ive been looking for a summer time Rose' as well. I can't wrap my head around a Sauvignon Blanc Rose'.......The passport Rose' is tempting

Well wrap your head around this fact. Its freaking awesome.

Thats great...I may try it. Just dont know how they can call it a Rose'....maybe a blush? Doesnt really matter I suppose as long as it tastes good.

Its Sauv Blanc juice with just enough of a red wine F-Pack to give it a bit of Rose' color. There are no rules when it comes to Rose' really as long as it has the right color anything goes more or less. This has great acid, wonderful Sauv Blanc bouquet, and can be made either dry or off dry by adding the F-pack up front or not.

Last edited:
This is a new offering from Spagnols

EN PRIMEUR WINERY SERIES
Pinot Noir Rosé
Bursting with the aromas and flavours of strawberry jam, complimented by raspberries, rhubarb and floral notes. Juicy on the palate, it's exquisitely balanced with a luxuriously smooth mouthfeel.

Food Pairings
Sip on its own, or savour with planked salmon, grilled chicken or ripe Brie cheese

cheers

Never made a rose before. Is it advisable to run through a neutral barrel if you have one? The barrel has had only reds in it

I would not. This is a wine that you really don't want any oxidation. All commercial rose's are made in stainless steel tanks with as little air exposure as possible.

A rose is not normally oaked. if you did run it through the barrel used previously for red, it would darken the wine to no longer being considered a rose.

bottom line no oak at all barrel or otherwise.

Ok, that's what I thought, but I've been reading more and more about commercially oaked roses out there

You won't be disappointed if you make the WE LE Sauv Blanc Rose.

Here's one of my last notes from last year:

May 10:
SG 0.994 Degassed, PH showed ~2.94. Stabilized and added remainder of f-pack, PH ~3.17. SG ~1.002

I added a bit of the f-pack up-front and the remainder to back sweeten, it ended around 1.002, just the perfect spot for my taste.

We opened a bottle a couple days ago and both my wife and daughter enjoyed it.
I used QA23 yeast BTW.

It is freaking good..!!:db

Last edited:
They could always add some oak to a SS Tank for the flavor profile. The whole point for a rose is to harvest the varietals early while the acid is uber high and the brix is low. Its all about the acid and the crispness that zing's in your mouth when it comes to rose'

Ok, that's what I thought, but I've been reading more and more about commercially oaked roses out there

RJS Grand Cru French Rose

Hasn't been out long, I recently bottled and very pleased with the early bottles, strawberry watermelon elements, but nice and dry with ample acidity. I will likely start another batch asap.

Well I did it. You've convinced me. Have been itching to do a Rosè so here's my chance. My local shop had to have it ordered by march 1st for the deal of $115. Label peelers delivering to house totals same price. The Sav Blanc that is.
The Cab Sav and the Pinot Rose are also intriguing. I'm already excited for this one.
So I'm clear this is a kit with Sav Blanc juice and a red f-pack for the Rosè color?

Ive been looking for a summer time Rose' as well. I can't wrap my head around a Sauvignon Blanc Rose'.......The passport Rose' is tempting

Well wrap your head around this fact. Its freaking awesome.

D'ya suppose this is close to an "orange wine"? I have not tried any orange wines yet:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-15/orange-wine-has-finally-arrived-here-are-seven-bottles-to-buy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/orange-wine-what-is-it_us_55e74aa2e4b0c818f61a4899

I was just reading about one of my WA State club wineries offering an "orange" wine this year and now I can't seem to place whom it was but yes prolonged skin contact on a white wine produced the orange color in the white wine making it a Rose' of sorts. This (kit) Sauv Blanc Rose' is not like that at all. Its regular SB juice with a red wine F-pack that gives it the color.

Latest posts

Back