What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need to plan for BBQ ribs on the Weber kettle.

Do you guys do 3-2-1? (3 hours, then wrap 2 hours and finally unwrap and glaze for 1 hour).

I’ll be watching YouTube but if you have a good simple dry rub recommendation let me know.

I never wrap. I've tried it a couple of times and yes, they fall off the bone. But they lose what I consider good texture and to me they taste like steamed meat. I do the traditional method at 225° until the meat reaches 195 -200°.

Looks good! I'm definitely a fan of the higher heat - no water in the pan and let the WSM get to 250-300. Works great for butts and ribs and saves me from the overnight butt cooks.

I did this one at 375 - 400 and it was up to 192° after just 2 hours when I wrapped it and dropped the heat to 275° and left it for a couple more hours. It was a 7 lb. boneless butt. For some reason, no one seemed to have any bone-in butts this week.

Like you said before when you were researching the topic, there are many ways to make them. Pick one and decide if you like that. Ultimately it is what you like and to each his own. I do the sauce later because a couple of my kids don't dig it, so I put it on the side and let each decide. I actually think a well made rib doesn't require any sauce. I want to taste all the work I put into making them. Sometimes the sauce can make it hard to taste what type of wood you used since I have to hold back or my daughters won't like them.

If I'm making ribs for just me I'd cook them on chunk wood with very little charcoal because I love the smokey flavor. Probably not good on the carcinogen front, but I'm a geezer and won't live very much longer anyway.

And thinking of it we always cook the St. Louis we but at Costco (they already come seasoned) in the electric oven and never add anything.
Thanks.

Another question for you BBQ masters 😊😊

Anyone tried the ribs by wrapping first for a couple hours and then another couple hours unwrapped to firm up?
This is basically what the wife does in the oven inside, she cooks the St. Louis ribs in a big pot with the lid on to cook them well for a couple hours, then she removes the lid for another hour or so to firm up and give some color.

I know, another rookie question 😜😜

I like their idea of grilled asparagus, maybe some corn on the cob? You can saute some kale or swiss chard and use an acidic addition to the saute to help it marry to the flavors the marinade imparts to the chicken. I'd even take some of the marinade before adding the chicken (couple of TBS full) and add it to some mushrooms cooked down with a pat of butter.

Nope. Nope. Nope............

That would be sacrilege.

she cooks the St. Louis ribs in a big pot with the lid on to cook them well for a couple hours, then she removes the lid for another hour or so to firm up and give some color.

I like their idea of grilled asparagus, maybe some corn on the cob? You can saute some kale or swiss chard and use an acidic addition to the saute to help it marry to the flavors the marinade imparts to the chicken. I'd even take some of the marinade before adding the chicken (couple of TBS full) and add it to some mushrooms cooked down with a pat of butter.

Good suggestions. I guess I should have included the fact that I'm due for a grocery run and our current produce supply is limited. After searching for ideas, I came to the realization that it's probably going to be a Caesar salad and a little pasta tossed in EVOO and garlic. :(

Latest posts

Back