Online Wine Tasting Course

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurfe

Reaction score
Here is a link to a web page that gives a nice little wine tasting course/tutorial. I found it quite interesting.

http://www.wineloverspage.com/taste/index.phtml

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

Edited by: smurfe

Personally I dont think it is something that you can learn from a book
or article. I believe it is handed down through generations or by just
drinking alot of wine, good and bad.
Edited by: wadewade

I don't think it is intended to "train" you to be an accomplished wine taster but rather to give pointers to the general public wine lover as to the general tactics used to evaluate a wine. I found it interesting as it gave explanations to a few areas I really had no clue as to what I was experiencing. Some of these tips answered a few of my questions. I get a weekly email from that site, the 30 Second Wine Adviser. There are quite a few interesting articles.

Smurfe

That was fun to read.
The thing I took away from it is not to just pour and drink. When you think about the time and effort and pleasure that went in to making the wine, maybe some time and effort and pleasure should go into drinking it too.

Thanks Smurfe

That was interesting Smurfe. But PeterCooper does this really mean we need to slowly drink our wines? Taking every sip into consideration of it's time and ageing process?Using our taste buds to the max and exploring every ounce of wine. Wait a minute, I need another glass I ran out of experimental sips.
smiley36.gif

Smurfe...love the Site and there were so many other pages to go to for information on other wine subjects...Thanks...I bookmarked that page.

Nice web site! I'm sure Bert and I will spend loads of time there. We can go there on a date!

Latest posts

Back