Garage Sale Chemicals

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsJones

Reaction score
I recently picked up a number of wine making tools and equipment second hand through kijiji. In the haul was a pile of chemicals.

Should I just chuck them and buy fresh as needed or is there a way to test if these are still viable?

ImageUploadedByWine Making1411948274.004561.jpg

5KG for 4.99, how old is this stuff really, look like antique bottles. The bentonite is still good but the rest belongs in a museum. Company probably doesnt even exist anymore. What else did you get, stuff this old maybe glass carboys were good, anything plastic especially tubing is shot and needs replaced unless they just got new stuff but tubing is also cheap.

WVMJ

Haha yea, I have no idea how old it was. It's in the garbage now :)

Here's a shot of everything I picked up - it was taken as is for everything, I couldn't just pick and choose.

I was actually just looking for the rack, and bonused on the corker and Italian carboys.

ImageUploadedByWine Making1411998724.524802.jpg

I would have kept the metabisulfite/camden tablets and used it in the gas chamber for sanitizing equipment. If you can smell the SO2, that's all you care about.

Latest posts

Back