New from central Illinois

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hllbly66

Junior
Reaction score
Hello All, I'm new to wine and wine making, but somehow now have the bug! I've been browsing the forum and finding a lot of info already. Cant wait to get started. I'm sure I will have tons of questions!

Welcome Hillbilly.! Winemaking is a bug I think you'll like having. Except when excessive carboy fever takes hold. Then you're doomed.

I can believe that. I bought one carboy, then a few weeks later found a good deal on craigslist and bought 3 more. I'm in real trouble my carboys are multiplying before they have had a chance to get wet!

Welcome Tremont hllbly66! I'm one hour south of you, just northeast of Springfield in the Riverton area. Do you attend any of those famous Tremont Turkey Festivals? I have heard of them, but have never been up for one. If you hang around with this bunch, it won't be long and you'll have those carboys full.:dg

Hey Bob, Good to here from people so close. No don't do much with Turkey fest, if they would turn it in to wine fest it would be a different story!

Hey Bob, Good to here from people so close. No don't do much with Turkey fest, if they would turn it in to wine fest it would be a different story!

Now you're thinking! Need to head over to Mackinaw for that. :dg

I can believe that. I bought one carboy, then a few weeks later found a good deal on craigslist and bought 3 more. I'm in real trouble my carboys are multiplying before they have had a chance to get wet!

Be sure not to feed them after midnight.

Welcome to the forum.

Hi Mike and welcome to you too! There was an active central Illinois group on here a while back. Gowers Choice is still a regular, but I'm not sure of the others from up in your area. Are you growing any grapes up there, or are you a wine maker?

Hi Mike and welcome to you too! There was an active central Illinois group on here a while back. Gowers Choice is still a regular, but I'm not sure of the others from up in your area. Are you growing any grapes up there, or are you a wine maker?

Thanks, I'd love to find some other locals that do this, AFAIK I'm the only one into wine. I do know some beer guys.

I'm just a wine making newbie. I've done dragon blood, an eclipse kit, and a few gallons of hard cider. Id love to grow some grapes though, that sounds awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Hi hllbly66,

Welcome to minemakingtalk.

Hi justmike, welcome to WineMakingTalk, my husband and was just in Bloomington, a couple weekends ago.

Thanks, I'd love to find some other locals that do this, AFAIK I'm the only one into wine. I do know some beer guys.

Maybe some of the others will jump in here. I usually come up during the summer months and hit Third Sunday at the Interstate Center, then it's over to Famous Dave's for some ribs and then back across town to Mackinaw. From there, I'll head over to Tremont and hit 155 South. Both of you guys should be fairly close to White Oak, Willett's and Mackinaw.

One thing about this site, you should be able to find an answer to any wine making/grape growing question that you might have.

Latest posts

Back