What's in your glass tonight?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NICE!
I read about string and tomato clips for growing. Last year I tried with a couple as a test. 8 ft tall, increased yield, easier to take care of. I'll do more this year.
View attachment 86235
No wonder you made tomato wine 😮

don’t be envious of my fruit with crops like that !
SW Florida is one of the toughest places for a vegetable garden.
growing season for most things is Nov -March.

They are also quick builders -- one time I went out to get the newspaper (back when there were newspapers), and went out again an hour later -- walked right through a web one had built across our porch.
I know what you mean. Spiders don't bother me but there are parts of my property where I automatically grab a stick, walking like a slow motion Olympic torch bearer.

I know what you mean. Spiders don't bother me but there are parts of my property where I automatically grab a stick, walking like a slow motion Olympic torch bearer.
It’s worse when you go out at night and hit one of those long tough web strings. And then you can feel phantom spiders on your neck for the next half hour

don’t be envious of my fruit with crops like that !
SW Florida is one of the toughest places for a vegetable garden.
growing season for most things is Nov -March.
Thanks!
Well, like man has done for thousands of years, we learn to use whatever climate we have.

But I'm still envious of your fruit! But not the pool - I have a 3/4 acre pond.

Yup summer is brutal, bugs and lizards are not all that bad.
My first wife a LONG time ago was from Malaysia. She showed me pictures of her house, on stilts, and there were small lizards on the walls inside. Their job was to eat the bugs.

She also told me there were times when the army took them to school because the tigers were a problem. Wow! I think that's cool!

My first wife a LONG time ago was from Malaysia. She showed me pictures of her house, on stilts, and there were small lizards on the walls inside. Their job was to eat the bugs.

She also told me there were times when the army took them to school because the tigers were a problem. Wow! I think that's cool!
Sometimes we have small lizards in the house (occasionally a gecko too) but the 4 cats take care of that. Every now and then we find a dead palmetto bug the cats dispatched as well. No tigers.

had a couple of Dab' s - German Beer while cooking dinner
- dinner time opened up a bootle of my 2015 Grenache/Syrah blend

Ya take these edgy tasting, low-dollar sale deal wine brands that ya know are basically gonna be good and toss 'em in the cool wine cellar for a year or more. Yeah, they get wine diamonds, but OMG!!! All of a sudden, $30 bottle. Mmmm.... I bought a case of these last year on sale.

IMG_2649.JPG

Okay, it wasn't today. I just spent ~40 hours trying to fly home from a trip to Florida. (Bad weather in Atlanta and much of the East/Southeast caused a lot of backups and canceled flghts.) Some of that airport time yesterday was spent in Vino Volo. I had a flight of reds, and my DW had the flight of bubbly. Well, hers was much better AND much more voluminous than mine, so I had to have that, too! :)

IMG_3355.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back