Oh No, not another cyser

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paubin

Reaction score
Yup another Cyser started a few days ago. Got a little concerned as the fermentation didn't kick off quickly but it's going great now.

6 gallon recipe
71B-1122 yeast
3 1/2 gallon good quality apple cider or juice
8 12 oz frozen apple juice
15 pounds wild flower honey
Water to 6 gallons
6 campden tablets
3 tsp acid blend
3 tsp pectin enzyme
6 tsp yeast nutrient
1 1/2 tsp tannin
1 1/2 tsp yeast energizer

SG will be around 1.14

Forgot to mention that I'll be spicing this in the secondary, I'll post that when it's time

Pete

Sounds good. I made a batch last year from 5 gallons of fresh pressed cider and like 8 lbs of Orange Blossom HONEY AND ITS REALLY STARTING TO BE A GREAT MEAD NOW. Sorry about the caps but my shift button gets stuck some times.

Sounds great.
Last winter one of my boys mulled a couple of bottles of my cyser - so much better then plain hot apple cider.

We will be having Mulled Cider tonight as we just git back from a cider mill.

Wade said:
We will be having Mulled Cider tonight as we just git back from a cider mill.

So jealous would love to get fresh cider, but not enough to move north.

I love the winter...no humidity...lol. The Cyser is perking along great. I will probably stick with similar spices as the 2007 AHA mead day winner that vcasey linked in an earlier thread.

Pete

Camera broke ????
smiley4.gif

Actually yes Waldo, I'm sorry to say that although I'm able to take pics my camera is having trouble downloading to my puter. Rest assured I'll have plenty of pics sooner or later...lol

Pete

Latest posts

Back