What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a doctor's check up today. Weighed in at 218 (with clothes/shoes/wallet/cell phone etc). Was aiming to break 220 and did it (small pat on my own back, think I pulled a muscle). Best of all my A1C went from 5.5 to 5.1, so it is going in the right direction (to help avoid being a Type 2 diabetic).

I told my wife I did a 70's style happy dance when I read the results. :db I think she's glad she missed witnessing that dance.

Congrats, Craig! Keep it going!

Had a doctor's check up today. Weighed in at 218 (with clothes/shoes/wallet/cell phone etc). Was aiming to break 220 and did it (small pat on my own back, think I pulled a muscle). Best of all my A1C went from 5.5 to 5.1, so it is going in the right direction (to help avoid being a Type 2 diabetic).

I told my wife I did a 70's style happy dance when I read the results. :db I think she's glad she missed witnessing that dance.

You go Craig, I do want to see that dance though! Practice up for the fall.

happy-birthday-cake-with-wine_387169.jpg

After coaching a cold, miserable baseball game; its Rose, Rose for my birthday.

Started our first batch of Dangerdaves Dragonblood tonight, looks amazing

Prepping for my firstborns high school graduation tomorrow. Graduation in the morning, party in the afternoon.

No time for prepping, our firstborn's high school graduation is tonight! Looks like they may squeak by without rain, I'd rather have it outside than inside. He doesn't want a party or pictures taken (I think he thinks he's going into some secret program in the military or something), we'll have a meal of his choice on vacation (I'm guessing ribs on the grill, hopefully I can get some good ones at the Wellsboro Weis, or @bkisel can point me to the right place), then eventually a party for he and our niece who are both expecting to join the military and ship out later this summer (she-Navy, he-Air Force).

I have mixed feelings on the whole graduation, remember when I had to move a tropical fish tank up higher so he couldn't get into it and terrorize the fish, I thought that was just the other day...

Last edited:
Working from home. Headed to the store to stock up for tomorrow's entertaining. Gonna do some pulled pork and pulled chicken - maybe an overnight pork butt. I kinda like those, but as I age, I find it harder to handle. That, and we no longer have a patio that holds the smoker, it sits on the wood deck. I put a water heater pan under when in use, but I still worry about sparks. Last thing I need is a fire in the middle of the night when I'm trying to nap. So I may go higher heat and just start at O' Dark Thirty tomorrow morning.

Working from home. Headed to the store to stock up for tomorrow's entertaining. Gonna do some pulled pork and pulled chicken - maybe an overnight pork butt. I kinda like those, but as I age, I find it harder to handle. That, and we no longer have a patio that holds the smoker, it sits on the wood deck. I put a water heater pan under when in use, but I still worry about sparks. Last thing I need is a fire in the middle of the night when I'm trying to nap. So I may go higher heat and just start at O' Dark Thirty tomorrow morning.

Our smoker is on our wood deck as well, we did a pulled pork last weekend, i just brine it overnight and start it at 7:00am, 180 for 9 hours will be ready just in time for dinner and wine.

Visiting with Mom. We are off for a hike in the Rockies near Grand Junction CO, then perhaps try one of the local tasting rooms! She'll be 86 this summer. I hope I can keep up! I brought her six bottles of mine, so well uncork a 2013 Sangiovese for dinner:ib

Woke up and bottled our new zealand sauv blanc. Fired up the smoker and threw on a pork butt for some pulled pork and now sitting on the back deck with my bae indulging in our favorite past time... wine

That kit looks like it came with some nice looking labels

Made the annual Memorial Day charcoal run to Lowe's. Ten bucks for almost 40lbs of charcoal? Yes, please! They usually have the same sale over 4th of July and I grab another 4 two-packs then. If you don't have a Lowe's near you, Home Depot usually does the same thing.

IMG_5338.jpg

Back