yeast nutrient

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victank1

Reaction score
I am now in my 2nd week of the first stage and the only thing I added according to the instructions on my kit was the Bentonite packet.. Do I need any thing such as yeast nutrient before I rack into 2nd carbouy..Vic

What do the directions say to do? I would follow them. I don't imagine very many here have made that brand kit. I hadn't even heard of them until you mentioned it the other day.

For kits the manufactures have taken the guess work out and have already balanced and added the necessary nutrients to the juice so all you have to do is follow the directions. You should not need to add anything except what is included in the kit. This is why you need to make the kit to the full 6 gallons.
VPC

That is the 10 liter RJS Vino del Vida wine kit and the only thing you should have left is the potassium meta, the potassium sorbate, the fining agent, and maybe a smaller juice bag if this is intended to be a sweetened wine.

Wade, you are correct that is what is left in the box for the second phase..i will just keep watching for a few days...Thanks

Latest posts

Back