Heron Bay Platinum Label SOUTH AFRICAN CHENIN BLANC • SWARTLAND WINE REGIO

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
The LHBS just unpacked her latest shipment and has one limited edition kit of this type..

http://heronbaywines.com/product_info.php?products_id=118

Am interested in any comments on this wine style.. am not a big white wine drinker, but very tempted because I recently made the carmenere/cabernet kit.. and that is going to be a stunner in a years time, doubt I'll be able to keep it for 2 years.

platinum label is the 16 litre 6 week kit.

Allie

Last edited:
chenin blanc

made this kit a couple of years ago and it holds up well with time but needs to be drank young nice product i THINK MINE WAS A WE KIT,GOT 6OLBS. OF PEACHES STARTED TO MAKE MY LIQUID GOLD THIS YEAR FIRST STAG EMZYME BATH..............

60#'s = 6 gallon Joe?
See you this Sunday @ the Wine Club Meeting.

made this kit a couple of years ago and it holds up well with time but needs to be drank young nice product i THINK MINE WAS A WE KIT,GOT 6OLBS. OF PEACHES STARTED TO MAKE MY LIQUID GOLD THIS YEAR FIRST STAG EMZYME BATH..............

Hey Joe thanks for that.. how young did you drink it?.. 6 months, a year?

it's a $169 kit..and I've got a cabernet franc here to do in the meantime, so am faffing about regarding buying the chenin blanc..

might buy a lotto ticket this week.. a win would solve a few kit purchase problems hehehe

Allie

chining blanc

Alli always drink some young,but still have a dozen bottles or so and pull one out every now and then,thats how long I know they keep and retain most of the freshness after processing. Still a good wine after 3/4 years...really.:sm

Back