Vineco KenRidge Founders

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGI

Reaction score
Hi -

I have found myself making a lot of KenRidge wines, and lately almost exclusively the Founders Series.

What other wine kits come recommended on the "higher end" side?

As a new member, I am finding my way around the forums but thought I'd post this question here... If you've made KenRidge you probably have some good insight as to my current experience.

Thank you!

EDIT; Prefer reds

I have not made the Kenridge as they really arent sold around here but I will back a RJS Cellar Classic winery Series or En Prmeur any day of the week!

I have not made the Kenridge as they really arent sold around here but I will back a RJS Cellar Classic winery Series or En Prmeur any day of the week!

Thank you. I will look for the availability of those in my area.

CGI:

Welcome to this forum. You should update the location field in the User CP. Then folks can give better answers about questions like availability.

The Founders Series reds are grape pack kits and I haven't made any for myself. As Wade mentioned the RJ Spagnols Cellar Classic Winery Series and En Primeur are also grape skin kits. Also a couple of their Cru Select kits (Valpolicella Raipassa and Bush Grenache). The Winexpert Crushendos are also grape skins. Cellar Craft Showcase kits also.

I have mostly been making limited edition kits...Winexpert Selection Limited, KR Showcase Collection, and Cru Select RQ.

IMO, all of the above make damn good wines.

Given your availability of KR FS kits, I would GUESS that you are Canadian. Hence all of the above are probably available to you (depending, of course, on exactly where in Canada). The RJS and Cellar Craft kits aren't readily available here in Welland. Well RJS kits are, but she wouldn't order a kit for me so I won't shop there. I gotta look a little harder for Cellar Craft kits.

Steve

Steve -

Thank you for the welcome and feedback. I've updated my profile and you are correct - Canada. I'm not too far from you, actually... ~3hrs east.

I enjoy this hobby, and while not a total rookie, have lots to learn. I like to try different things so now that I'm gaining confidence joined this forum for ideas and education.

Wine Tasting

There was a wine tasting in Calgary over the weekend.
I had a chance to taste KFS Brunello - absolulty great (less than 2 years old)
I was not very impressed with Amarone - not bad but comparing to Brunello - it was plain. It has got good body though.

I have tried as well Showcase Pinnot Grigio - OMG :try- that will be my next white.
Just to let you know.
If you have any other experience with founders let us know.

Jerry

Latest posts

Back