Vineco Wine Kit grapes origin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry_

Junior
Reaction score
Let me ask you one question.
I was reading here a lot about content of juice. And I'm a bit confused.
I have bought KenRidge Founder's Kit - 18L white New Zealand Sauvignon.
I do read here that let's say Italian Barolo is from California grapes.
Is this one - KenRidge Founder's Kit - 18L white New Zealand Sauvignon the same?
Is it a real juice from New Zealand?
How it is with other brands like Winexpert? I have made 5 limited edition this year and would like to know if they are just tweaked juices from somewhere else or really from Africa, Australia, Italy ...
How do I know when it is only style of wine and when it is real stuff?
Thanks

Jerry

Jerry:

As I understand it, for the major brands...Vineco, Winexpert, Spagnols, Cellar Craft at least...if the kit name includes a place name then the majority of the juice/concentrate was sourced there. Also beware of the wrod 'style'.

So a New Zealand Sauv Blanc would be sourced in New Zealand. An Italian Barolo would be sourced in Italy. But a 'no place name' Barolo might be sourced anywhere, including a variety of places (eg California, South America, and Italy). Also beware of the word 'style'. 'Italian-style' Barolo can mean anything.

The limited editions (again at least from the majors) are sourced as the advertising says.

Steve

Jerry:

As I understand it, for the major brands...Vineco, Winexpert, Spagnols, Cellar Craft at least...if the kit name includes a place name then the majority of the juice/concentrate was sourced there. Also beware of the wrod 'style'.

So a New Zealand Sauv Blanc would be sourced in New Zealand. An Italian Barolo would be sourced in Italy. But a 'no place name' Barolo might be sourced anywhere, including a variety of places (eg California, South America, and Italy). Also beware of the word 'style'. 'Italian-style' Barolo can mean anything.

The limited editions (again at least from the majors) are sourced as the advertising says.

Steve

Thanks Steve,
Glad to hear it. I'll be choosing accordingly.
Jerry

Back