What do you track?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidfilip

Junior
Reaction score
I am thinking about improving the system for storing information about events happening in different plots. Right now, I don't really track much. Just the harvest data (date, amount and analytical information) and spray data (date, what did I use and amounts). It is just simple excel sheet and odd pile of different papers. Not efficient system at all.

What are you tracking? Do you care about weather data at all (or maybe just rainfall)? Do you track amount of hours worked on vineyard? Do you calculate the price per produced kg (or pound) of grapes? Maybe something else?

What tools are you using? Pen&paper, Excel, some app?

Well I'm more on the wine side but weather and pricing correlate so both are very good to keep track of. Disease issues, pest problems with the corresponding dates can help with spray schedule. Also harvesting brix levels and dates, that can give you a better understanding on how your grapevines are doing and help with schedule setting for harvest. This just all together helps give the winemaker (if they care haha) and yourself a great deal but always ask who ever purchased your crop what kind of information they would like. Most all of this information correlates with each other and may seem redundant so it's all up to you. Hope this was helpful!

Been a long summer and I had some time on my hand, so I was playing with my tracking system and polish it a bit. I did some small video presentation for some vine growers friends from France, but if somebody else is interested in my system, take a look to this link: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kF-VHKPk8U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kF-VHKPk8U[/ame]

Wow. That looks like something I would be interested in if not to expensive.

It is going to be around $2/month if you have less then 1 hectare (2,5 acres) or $24/month for bigger estates. It is all metric units right now, but I can easily add support for imperial as well.

If you want to try it by yourself, just send me email to [email protected] and I will send you link for demo. I would really appreciate feedback on this thing as I was creating this thing primarily for myself.

Latest posts

Back