Harford Vineyard - Estimated Grape Arrivals

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If my grapes are in, it'll be first thing Saturday for me. Monday is a holiday, so that's also an option. Fred: I'll take your playoff tix so you can pick up on Sunday. :D

One other thing Kevin and I talked about when I was there Sunday was an impending trucker strike. Hopefully, we aren't impacted.

Looks like more grapes are in. Sadly, none of mine. I was hoping I'd be able to take advantage of the upcoming long weekend. :(

I was thinking the same but with the playoff game I'm not sure what time I'll get home Friday.

Com'mon, it's grapes, but once a year from California/Washington/Oregon! The Nats will be in the playoffs for many years to come (though I imagine those tickets aren't real cheap). Sell them to @Boatboy24 Jim at a markup and use it to buy more buckets and grapes...problem solved.

I would but my wife buys the tickets. I lije your Natitude on years to come

I'm a Philles phan, so that should tell you something...like the appreciation for a winning season, their last one being 2011 (they were .500 in 2012). So it's been a while. My Grandpa always said that being a Phila sports fan would have it's ups and downs, just been a few more downs lately. Hopefully that will change sooner than later.

I'm a Philles phan, so that should tell you something...like the appreciation for a winning season, their last one being 2011 (they were .500 in 2012). So it's been a while. My Grandpa always said that being a Phila sports fan would have it's ups and downs, just been a few more downs lately. Hopefully that will change sooner than later.

Do not fret, for Carson Wentz will finally lead us to the promised land. I can meet up with you on Broad st at the parade and exchange some bottles after the Super Bowl victory if you want.

I'll try to be there at 9:00 as well. Look forward to meeting you. I only have one wine bottled and it won't be a year old until January but I'll bring one if you promise to wait until January to open it.

Call me Orson Welles. I promise. [emoji41]

I'll need to think about what bottle to swap. Maybe a 2 year old+ Forza.

Last edited:
I wonder if there will be anymore deliveries with all that’s going on in California.

I emailed yesterday and apparently my next two grapes are on a shipment coming in 'early next week'. Sadly, i have a business trip coming up that is going to interfere with that. I'm waiting for the official announcement though. When I was up there two weeks ago, I was told my grapes were likely being harvested days later. I'm crossing my fingers. I do know that many of the Napa and Sonoma deliveries were impacted though.

I’m pressing my grapes tomorrow night. The Cab and PV are good and dark. The Merlot is a little lighter than I was hoping.

How’s yours tasting?

Malbec is amazing (not pressed yet). Merlot is light and possibly a little acidic. Though this early in the game I'm not sweating it. Will check again in the next few days.

Back