WineXpert Question about LE Australia Grenache and Cab with Grape Skin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone started drinking this kit yet? Any disappointment or thrills?
Tasted a couple of weeks ago, about three month from starting the kit. Pretty sharp in palate. To be honest, not even as good as my $45 Sharaz which is about 2.5 months old. But my plan is to bottle after one year of aging, no rush. I will leave it alone for another 3 months before next steal taste.

I just racked mine and added the final oak cubes and tannin addition (1 tsp Quertannin Intense) Mine has really good color and great taste already. I did an extended maceration on it and added a homemade f-pack of blackberries and blueberries. I did a GSM in the Cellar Craft Sterling line this year that was also pretty good and this LE Grenache Cab seems to have same tasting points but with more depth.

Mine still has 3 months to go before bottling. The color is very light. But taste is very dense. a little smoky.

We're three months away from bottling as well. No I'm really looking forward to it.

I did an extended maceration and about seven months total till bottling three months ago and after the recent comments how good it was I had to try one bottle. I am thoroughly impressed at this young age. It isn't super dark but after reading up on Australian Grenache and learned it has color characteristics more like a Pinot I get it. This is probably the closest wine I've made to a commercial variant to date. Now to keep it untouched for two years.

I opened my first bottle in Christmas time and keep a pace of one bottle a month. It tastes good but a little bit in light side. This was my first skin kit, therefore followed instruction very closesly. If i could do it again, i would reduce volume slightly and skip some chemicals and add some fruit.

Had another bottle tonight, but from a different kit. I actually made this kit three times each 2 months apart from each other. This is the second kit, bottled 6/17/2018. I'm surprised at how light in color this one is. Light is how I would describe it all around: light in color, taste, mouthfeel and nose. Looking forward to seeing how this one ages.

I don't remember the first one being so light. I opened that bottle on April 2nd, 2019. (Bottled 4/16/2018)

My next kit (third) was bottled on 8/17/2018. Have no plan right now to test this one but likely this next summer. I feel like this would pair well with slow smoked pork loin, crusted chicken breast with a gorgonzola sauce, or even a meatless marinara sauce with spiraled zucchini substitute for pasta.

Are you happy with your wine? What are your results?

I opened one yesterday and it tasted quite smooth and might be at its peak now. Further aging might not be a good thing I guess. The color looks like a dark version of rose.

Back