Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhdennis

NH Dennis
Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to say hello, as a new poster & member.

I found this site thru the Vesta education progam. I have enrolled in the VIN 146 course they offer.

I wil be starting my 1st kit in the next two weeks. Its the All Juice Chardonnay that just arrived here last week. ( thanks George for all the help so far)

I ordered the kit and basic wine setup, along with a few other goodies. Added a second carboy to "make racking easier"........ Might happen to get filled with a red Zinfandel with a 3rd showing up soon.

Thanks to all for great tips and pics as they answer a lot of those new winemaker questions even before I have them

thanks,

Dennis

Dennis,

Welcome you picked a great forum AND place to fill your needs (George).

From one newbie to another, welcome!

This is a great resource with loads of information and friendly winos err wine makers!

Welcome Dennis. We are glad to have you join us here. Once you learn your way around the site and the process, you can turn around and help others.

Welcome aboard!If you need answers to any quetions, this is definitely the place to go to find it. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Dennis, welcome to the forum. I'll be curious to see what you can share from your VIN 146 course that might help us novices.

Wade,

heres the link to thier programs:
http://www.vesta-usa.org/index.html

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 8in; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" id=table1 =MsonormalTable border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=768>
<T>
<TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt">
<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: text 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 91.55pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: text 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top width=122 noWrap>
Introduction to Enology</TD>
<TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: text 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 425.05pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: text 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in" vAlign=top width=567>
This is and introductory course in the basic science and technology of winemaking. It is intended for the entrepreneur exploring business opportunities in the grape wine industry, and/or the prospective small winery employee interested in career development. The home winemaker that has never undergone any formal training on the subject may also benefit from this basic course. Students will make wine at home from a kit, track fermentation, make various chemical measurements and provide one bottle of finished wine to the instructor for evaluation at the conclusion of the course. Students must be 21.
Credit: 3 hours
Prerequisite: None </TD></TR></T></TABLE>

hey there and welcome...when i saw your post earlier, i figured i had just never noted your name on here....now i see that i didnt miss anything..you ARE new....you will find this group as friendly as any....always ready to try and help or share what they know

Al,

They have several other courses on viticulture as well

This 1st class looks to be more of an intro class, and an ability to learn more about the process and why it happens.

I dont think that it will enlighten many of the more experienced winemakeers , here as they might havea lot of tip s and tricks not covered in this or the advanced course. The instructor is one of the Head winemakers at Franciscan ( part of the evil empire of Constellation) but as I work in the indusrty, its a good learing tool.

If I take some of the viticulture classes, Al I might have to come down and take pictures of your vines.....

Welcome Dennis to a great forum...glad to have you here...hope you can share some of the things you learn...

Al,

for the ultimate goal is to have fun doing something that I enjoy.

I have been in Logistics for the last 15+ yrs. About 3 yrs ago, Itook a job that used my skill setin logistics &amp; love of wine. I am the inventory "manager" for a distributor here in NH.

I have seen many of the commercial sides of the businees, now i wanted to try my hand at making it. (besides a Amarone is $75 a bottle after our friend John (lynch)gets his cut)

he *ain't* my friend :)

by the way i had a customer come in yesterday to show me a bottle of a bordeaux style wine that she was able to purchase at the state liquor store during their 75th anniversay sale....she bought it for $1.50

Welcome Dennis,

Enjoy the forum and results of the addiction.

Sounds like the instructor makes out pretty good, everyone gives him/her a bottle of wine. NICE

Latest posts

Back