My Mead

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2PUPs

Reaction score
This is my mead at one month , its got a ways to go before bottleing .anywho below is a pic .

Jeff

015-3.jpg

You have a lot of air space in there.... get it topped up with a similar wine. You don't want oxidated mead!
What flavor is it??
Debbie

You have a lot of air space in there.... get it topped up with a similar wine. You don't want oxidated mead!
What flavor is it??
Debbie

Orange flavor , dont have anything similar . I just racked outa primary and pulled all the orange slices out , along with raisins and cinn. stick . It was almost full then but this is what was left after racking .

Last edited:
Ahhh it's Joe's Ancient Orange. You reall want to rack it down... I use 1.5 liter bottles.. I have a variety of stoppers to fit many size bottles. You risk not being happy with the results if you leave that much head space.

You could top with a neutral wine... liebfraumilch... cheap anything that doesn't have a strong flavor. I would just rack it to smaller bottles. I have some of the newer jugs that are about .75 of what the gallon is. They give you less for the same money!!

Debbie

Take it for what itis worth, mine has been sitting that way since Christmas or so. But it has been cold in my basement, finally starting to warm up. Think I'm gonna rack that into 750 ml bottles, but am still wondering if it is fermenting. Arne.

Latest posts

Back