hello from Grapemasters!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning,my name is Charles Fajgenbaum, a winemaker for over 30 years, but new to this forum. I oprerate a business called Fermentations! where I hire myself out to people wanting me to make wine for them. In order to give my clients access to unique grapes and regions, I started the "Grapemasters" brand, and now annually head over to Spain, where I harvest and import frozen must. You can check out a video here [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGU6OdtKI6E[/ame]
Presquisle Wines in Pennsylvania is nowmaking these award winning musts available to American home winemakers, they can be reached here: http://www.piwine.com/spanish-must-pails.html I am glad to make myself available to answer any questions you may have about these great musts. Cheers!

Hello Charles, are you french then & operating in Spain? What about your work & the population of your customers? What about fermentation you adopt & it's steps? Thanks

hello, pabloferretta, I am based in Toronto Canada, and go every year to Spain to work on the harvest. There are 40 tonnes of grape must coming back now. The must is distributed by presque isle wine in Pennsylvania, as well as Fermentations! in Toronto, Preston Wines in Ottawa and Ed Huges vineyards in Niagara. The grapes are harvested at proper ripeness levels, typically there is little adjustment needed to be made to the must. Follow proper winemaking techniques after thawing and well mixing the must, and you will hve excellent wines!

Congrats to our Spanish must! At the winemaker magazine competiton, I ntered a few wines, and we scored 2 gold, one bronze medal, pretty good for being the only winemaker, and the only wines made with this excellent must. I look forward to seeing lots of medals from you, using this great Spanish Must!

spanish must now shippint to the USA

Good morning to all,
just a note to pass on some happy news...we are now shipping our must in insualted boxes directly to your door! Tempranillo, syrah, grenache noir, merlot andcarignan from Spain's Montsant appellation. Wines made from these grapes have won baskedt of medals at both American and Canadian competitions, including wine of the show! Individual pails to full pallets available!

@Runningwolf
Is anybody else having problems getting to the piwine.com website?

@charlesfajgenbaum
Just wondering if y'all ship to Texas?

I would like a bucket or two. How many gallons out of one bucket?

Thx,
Jb

Yes, the yield per pail is a shade over 3.6 gallons per pail, and a little more if you use a bladder ress, though some varieties will yield a little more. What were you planning on making?

According to the info on their site, they say to expect 3.6+ gallons of wine per pail.

yes, that is correct, I use a bladder press and yield a little more. some varieties also yield a little more, but for calculations, I would go wit the 3.6 gallons.

Sorry Charles after reading the schedule on piwine.com there will be a conflict for us to get grapes this year. We hope that y'all have a successful 2016 and hope no scheduling conflicts next year.

TXWineDuo

Sorry Charles after reading the schedule on piwine.com there will be a conflict for us to get grapes this year. We hope that y'all have a successful 2016 and hope no scheduling conflicts next year.

TXWineDuo

we can ship to you directly at your convenience, as the must is frozen. We can ship upon arrival, or hold it in our freezer for you. How can we help?

hello to all! after 2 weeks of hand harvesting, the spanish must is on its way to us! A great harvest all around- just check out the tempranillo grapes!

tempranillo.jpg

Latest posts

Back