Hello From Central Illinois

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone;

Ron B Here from Central Illinois, I have been a homebrewer for a few years and I have been looking at getting into winemaking to exapnd my 'homemade bar"

My gosh, finally, someone from central Illinois! Welcome! What part of central Illinois?

Welcome aboard! Lots of great info here! And people! Yea, the people are great, too! :slp

Howdy Joe! What part of Central Illinois are you from. I am close to the Springfield area.

Yeah, good to hear from you too. I was begining to think that there was not too many of us from this area.

Niantic here

Howdy Ron! I didn't even pay any attention to the Niantic in the nianticcardplayer name. Actually, my closest town is Riverton, so we are practically "Old Route 36" neighbors. Under the "Wine Competition" thread Central Illinois Clubs? http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f22/central-illinois-clubs-30879/ We have talked about maybe getting together some day and I just mentioned possibly meeting at Mackinaw Valley Winery. http://www.mackinawvalleyvineyard.com/mvv/default.asp Now with you and with Joe being up in that area, maybe we can all get together some warm, spring afternoon. Manda is also from Central Illinois and she is about 2 hours southeast of me. Just something for you and Joe to keep in mind.:dg

Last edited:
And don't forget RemysMaster (Jayson)! Seems like we are getting to be somewhat represented!

Thank you Joe! RemysMaster was a part of that post! Of all the things that I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

BobR said:
Thank you Joe! RemysMaster was a part of that post! Of all the things that I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

At least you were lucky enough to have had one! I have only heard about them....

Joe

soccer0ww said:
welcome to the forum. Quite a bit north of you guys.

I am familiar with the area (grew up in Belvidere). Besides, can't complain about a city that produced Cindy Crawford and Dave Ramer!!!!

Back