Labeling and "Winery" Name

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

euphio

Reaction score
As we were bringing our first kit home my wife was already designing the label in her head. We bought our kit as a present to each other for our eighth wedding anniversary. It's a Sangiovese so we're calling it Anniversario Sangiovese. She's going to take two wedding rings together to look like an eight. I thought it was great!

The one thing we're still chewing on is what to call our little basement winery. We want to come up with some mesh of art and science since wine is a little of both and she's a creative type where I'm an analytical scientist type. We've thought about Scarte (science + art) Cellars but we're both kind of iffy on that one.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Turn the rings sideways and they'll mean 'forever' (close enough)

Can't help with a name ...

If you lived by a river, you could call it River Side Winery. Then as as make different wines that makes naming them easy; Riverside Blush, Riverside Niagara, Riverside Red, etc

I call mine 'Gobbler's Knob'. The crew that built my house complained about the wind blowing all the time. One day the head dude said, "Damn, the wind -always- blows here on Gobbler's Knob!"

It stuck.

Go with whatever makes you happy. I think Scarte is kind of cool. Mine is like many others and tends toward geography/location. We have a large stream about 150 yards behind our house called Broad Run. So I'm simply Broad Run Cellars.

Euphio, How about placing the two rings on the label so that they suggest a "mobius loop" which is the symbol of infinity?
thumbnail.aspx
or like this

Scarte, not shart. :)

Actually after discussion last night (over a bottle of wine of course) the leader in the clubhouse is Polar Opposites Wines/Winery/Cellars.
Logo: a flask with some pencils and paint brushes in it.

The rings in the infinity shape is a good idea - and a mobius loop even better.
My problem is that I'll have to work with public domain stuff - I have no ability to draw at all.
I imagine there's plenty of wedding related clip art out there that I can find though.

thanks!

Latest posts

Back