A True Red Sox Fan

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
<DIV =ArticleTextText>Kathryn Gemme, a lifelong Red Sox fan who followed the team since the days of Babe Ruth, has died at the age of 112.

Gemme was believed to be the oldest person in Massachusetts when she died Friday at the Nemasket Healthcare Center in Middleborough.

She attended her first game at Fenway Park at age 18 in 1912 shortly after the ballpark opened and her last game in May 2004, when she was greeted by catcher Jason Varitek and Johnny Pesky.

Gemme cheered for Ruth and other Red Sox players when they won the World Series in 1918. She waited 86 years for the next title to come in 2004.

Team officials brought the 2004 World Series trophy to her 111th birthday party last year.

The Chicopee native credited her long life and health to simple living.

She leaves a daughter, four grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.

You just have to love a true baseball fan. I am a huge fan but I have to add that if my Cardinals would of won that World Series, maybe she would of still been alive waiting for them to win again. After waiting all those years, there is nothing left to live for. Next up? The Cubs?Gotta say though, 112 years! WOW!!!!!!!!!

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

PS. Only 42 days until teams start reporting for Spring Training!

I went to Fenway for a game this year against Texas. It was awesome as the Sox won that game. Fenway has to be one of the most "electric" parks I have been to yet! The crowd was amazing and very friendly. My next stop is Wrigley to touch the ivy. I already stood on the green monster.

You are right about Fenway as the crowd really gets into every game like it is the World Series especially when Big Poppi hits a HR to win the game.
smiley32.gif

WOW,

I dont believe I can top this story. However I'm a big Red Sox fan. Only becuase when I was a young lad. I was an altar boy for the church and school I was attending. At that time school fees were 100 dollars per year. Yeah can you believe that one. Anyhow, we had the opportunity to go to a Red Sox Game { Double Header } and watch them playYaz, Fisk, Lynn and the rest of the gang was there, if memory servers me correct. THat was 34 years ago plus or minus a few. God bless to the family for the loss. And go Red Soxs

Latest posts

Back