A Newbies First Batch

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
2005-08-07_172109_Untitled-1.jpg

My wife's kitchen is my primary work area ( She is so patient, kind and longsuffering with me) I had been storing my wines in her washroom and have now moved the carboys to a corner in the dining room. It gets rather warm in the washroom with the clothes dryer running and I feared it may be getting too warm. Keeping my fingers crossed onmy first efforts.( Blackberry and Peach.) The Blackberries were given to me by a friendand were lovingly smushed, mushed and cussed by me the peach is Vinters ChoiceEdited by: Waldo

2005-08-07_192343_100_0496_Small.JPG
2005-08-07_191934_000_0299_Small.JPG
2005-08-07_175216_000_0256_Small.JPG
2005-08-07_175114_000_0250_Small.JPG
Waldo,

Looks like everything is going real good. We all find what ever space we can for our hobby. Being in a small apartment I have wine stuff in every room. The bedroom is the fermentation room, other bedroom is the equipment storage area, dining room is the wine cellar, kitchen is the lab. The living room is the tasting room!!!! What ever it takes!!!

Ramona
2005-08-07_175357_000_0264_Small.JPG
2005-08-07_175616_000_0265_Small.JPG
Edited by: rgecaprock

After looking at the pictures I will never again think we need morespace for our wine. I will count my blessings for all the space we have for equipment, aging, working with wines and space for wine racks. I will be nothing but thankful.

I guess my house looks as normal as everybody elses. I can't
figure out why more people don't have bottle trees next to their
kitchen sink.

And I think I would be amiss not to share a photo of my favorite :Kitten" My best friend and wife of 38 years, Kathy who is patiently and lovingly enduring my wine making venture.

2005-08-08_173726_waltand_katonstairs.jpg

AVery lovely couple, you are.

Ramona
smiley20.gif

Do you have kids??Edited by: rgecaprock

Indeed we do Ramona..A daughter, Sherrie and our son, John. I have already appointed them to be my official "Tasters"

2005-08-08_181312_katsherriejohn.jpg

ok, looks like im in for it. I havent even so much as received my equipment and I dont have room anyhow.Im looking at the pics and noticing that you use every space in the house. But every space in my house has already something in it. OH MAN!!

We usually have wine equipment out. Once in a while we have company so we stash it all. Then, after the company is gone, the equipment sneaks back out again! I admit my home doesn't look look like anything from House Beautiful but we sure have fun!

great pictures!!!! ramona, be careful with the carpet, i would have destroyed that many times already!!! Waldo, congrats on 38 years!!! very commendable, admirable, and fortunate

Thanks CB......She has truly made them 36 glorious years. Wouldn't trade her for a speckled pup Edited by: Waldo

Shhhhhh dont anyone tell my wife but I posted our number of years together after several rackings of my new wine. I have now recalculated and from 1969 to 2005 is only 36 years...All still great though

waldo, you can go back and edit the message and change it to 36 years... i'll never tell (just send me two bottles of the good stuff and we'll call it even)

Back