My New Bottle Filler

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont see any reason why you couldnt invert it completely upside down. Maybe get a mounting bracket and use one screw and a shelf pin on the other side. Drill 2 holes for the shelf pin side where you can insert it in one with the housing upside down for use and the other for staright up when emptying it just to keep it stable while unscrewing it. Either way the wine has to go through the filter!

Rob I guess I am a little confused. With the enolmatic cartridge filter the vacuum suck all but about a cup out of the cartridge vessel. That I just dump into the last bottle with a funnel. I also do that in between wines, but I do not clean or rinse the filter between wines. I just start with the whites then go to the reds.

After running k-meta through the system before bottling I empty anything left in the vessels but leave the filter in tack. I fill two bottles and dump them back in the carboy with the wine. These two bottles will have a heavier concentration of K-meta from the filter and this way they are just put back in the main carboy to blend.

I hope this makes sense to you. I have not used the whole house filter but I am assuming it is the same way. This is way easier then using the mini jet, especially since you can filter and bottle in one step.

I agree with Dan, In between wine if Im switching from white to red I just pull off the housing and empty that leaving tyhe filter alone. I do fill a 1 gallon jug and ease that back into the carboy to blend it so I dont get a blush wine in the first bottle or 2.

Was there any update on this?

I haven't done much with it except use it. It works great! I'll have to take some videos or pictures next time I use it.

The only thing I added was cork on the bottom and top for a little protection.

No videos yet. I might give that a try with the next batch in a week or so. I've been busy bulk aging recently :) and haven't thought about bottling.

I'll see what I can do for a video.

I would also like to see a video. I purchased a nozzle from st pats almost a year ago and am just waiting for some stainless to come into the shop.

[

With my minijet Ifilter and bottle in one step. Just stick the outlet tube in a bottle inlet her rip. After a few bottles you get the hang of it and fill the bottles evenly. Do need to lift the tube approx. 5 inches when the bottle is about half full. Works fine.

I have 2 minijets. Bought one on Craigs list for $50.00. Pretty near new. :b

Sorry guys no updates yet or videos but I do have to bottle some (I think I said that before, same stuff, still aging). I started cleaning bottles so I should be able to do this within a few weeks.

Back