How long to ferment dry?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mschooley53

Reaction score
I am making my first batch of Skeeter Pee and racked to my secondary on Sunday with my SG at 1.002. There is a fair amount of foam and I'm still getting burping in my airlock about one bubble a second.

How long does it normally take to get it to ferment dry in the secondary?

I started mine current batch on 1/10/17 it took nine days to even start fermenting. I got antsy and pitched the yeast twice. It's actually 2 batches, measured the gravity and #1 read .990 and has stopped bubbling. #2 is at .992 and still bubbling once every second or so. Looks like I'll be racking and finishing it up this weekend. I'm pretty happy about that, my friends love this stuff.

Depends on temp a fair bit I think as well. My basement is 62 degrees and stuff seems to take a while to finish up down there. I'm just not allowed to keep stuff up in my kitchen for more than a few days :h

I am making my first batch of Skeeter Pee and racked to my secondary on Sunday with my SG at 1.002. There is a fair amount of foam and I'm still getting burping in my airlock about one bubble a second.

Until your hydrometer says .990-.992 :db Of course temperature might be the major player in the timeline.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back