Apple Pie Moonshine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thig

Reaction score
I realize this isn't exactly wine but I made some apple pie moonshine using Jack Keller's recipe. Nice. No distilling involved on my part.

IMAG0220s.jpg

IMAG0221s.jpg

\dang it thig...i wish you would not have posted that..
now i have to go find mason jars.......

I have been brooding on my own plans for making a liqour my self. I think the next time I can get ahold of some berries I will soak them bad boys in some ever-klear and then add an equal volume of some mildly sweet sugar water to bring the abv down to a safe level.

As long there is no distilling going on this thread can stay and for those who do not know, we can not discuss distilling on this forum. Once you start that conversation, this thread gets deleted.

Thanks Julie, I understand. I used Everclear 190 proof. I thought it was interesting because it involves a lot of what we do. Mixing, racking, clearing, etc.

Google Jack Keller blog and look under August 12th.

Apple Pie is not clear. This might be the sasquatch wine Im looking for. Id put it in wine bottle lol

well that wont work. Says to keep refrigerated lol

This is jack Keller's recipe and if you are using real apple cider there will be some sediment because real apple cider is pressed apple juice that has not been filtered. I am way to old and slow for the college crowd but I do like to try different things.

View attachment Apple Pie Moonshine.pdf

This is jack Keller's recipe and if you are using real apple cider there will be some sediment because real apple cider is pressed apple juice that has not been filtered. I am way to old and slow for the college crowd but I do like to try different things.

Thig,
That one looks pretty good from Keller. Check out the other recipe in this thread from allrecipes. It uses store bought cider, juice, etc. but doesn't require racking, etc. Once you get it done, it is ready to drink. Also, it uses vanilla vodka, along with Everyclear, instead of vanilla flavoring.
I think you will like the recipe. It truly tastes like apple pie...............with a kick.

Thig,
That one looks pretty good from Keller. Check out the other recipe in this thread from allrecipes. It uses store bought cider, juice, etc. but doesn't require racking, etc. Once you get it done, it is ready to drink. Also, it uses vanilla vodka, along with Everyclear, instead of vanilla flavoring.
I think you will like the recipe. It truly tastes like apple pie...............with a kick.

D.J., I will check it out. Not trying to be difficult here but I used store bought apple cider and it is very cloudy. If you don't mind your finished product being cloudy then I agree you do not have to rack. But if you want it clear (golden clear) where does the sediment go if not to the bottom?

Back