Supplies

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bub307

Reaction score
Ok first time buying and new to wine-making ordering this and already have my primary and secondary. Is this all I need to start?

(2) Triple Hydrometer Specific grav, Potential ETOH, Sugar

(4) Twin Bubble Airlock

(1) 3/8 inch Mini Auto-Siphon for One Gallon Jugs

(4) #6 Drilled Rubber

(4) EC-1118 5 grams

(1) Acid Blend - 2 oz.

(1) Campden Tablets - Potassium Metabisulfite (100 Count)

(1) Dry Pectic Enzyme - 1 oz.

(1) Potassium Sorbate - Used to stabilize wine 1 oz.

(1) Wine Tannin - 1 oz.

(1) Yeast Energizer Powder - 1 oz.

(1) Yeast Nutrient, 2 oz. powder

(1) Star San Sanitizer - 32 oz.

(3) 5/16 inch ID FDA Vinyl Tubing, per foot

Sorry making Fruit Wines.

Last edited:
Skip the campden tabs and just get the k meta, no fillers, and if you are close I have plenty. I can get you started.

So your saying remove the Campden tabs and add Potassium Metabisulfite - Powder, 2 oz.

Now when it calls for a Camden how much Potassium Metabisulfite do I use?

Last edited:
That is the nice thing about campden tablets when making 1 gallon batches, one tab per gallon. otherwise you would use 1/4 tsp to six gallons, now for a one gallon batch take 1/4 tsp and divide by 6, lots of luck. easy to crush one campden tablet. when going to 5 or 6 gallon batches use the K-meta. K-meta is great for sanitising. for wine I like it better than the star san, for beer I like star san.
The only thing I think I see you missing is bottles, corker and corks. on the hosing I would go a bit longer than 3'. If you are racking off a counter to the floor I would get 5'. 1' for the height of the jug and 3+ for counter to floor plus a bit extra, you can always cut some off but if you are short it becomes a pain. ( could have said something else but....) :)
Good Luck!

Last edited:
Doug, I'm getting the corker and corks when ready to bottle and that 3 suppose to bee a 6 sorry. Thank for the info.

Latest posts

Back