Vineco Cheeky Monkey Valpolicella - watered down?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dino466

Know Just Enough to get into Trouble
Reaction score
Just made a Cheeky Monkey Valpolicella - topped up with water ( I can remember how much about what I normally top up with) then racked again before bottling and topped up with water ( 1.5 cups) then filtered and bottled. I have made many CM kits and I have made this one before and liked it - this time is really watery. I only let it go 6 weeks ( start to finish ) normally I would go 5 to 7 months. Will it get less watery over time - did I add too much water. Maybe my taste have changed - been making mostly RJS CCWS and EP lately. Run out of wine to hold me over until they have aged. That is why I hurried the CM along.
It is drinkable just not very good - will it get better with age.

I have made both RJS CCWS and EP and CM. I don't believe they are comparable at all. CM does not come with a grape pack and is meant to be drunk young. The opposite is true of the WS and EP series.

I believe that you have had a taste of premium produce and now you can't go back to a value kit :p

It should get better with age but I would not expect it to reach anywhere near Winery Series or En Primeur territory.

I know it will not reach the CCWS or EP but I think you are right CCWS and EP have changed my taste buds because I use to like CM. Have to stop giving away so much ( 12 bottles to each of my brother and sisters at Christmas) - give them the CM - haha.

Back