Vineco Cheeky Monkey Limited Release 2013 Red

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtwdonald

Junior
Reaction score
Hi there,
I just started this kit and added the included oak chips. When I transfer it to the secondary I would like to add some more oak. Can anyone recommend what I should add?

Hi there,
I just started this kit and added the included oak chips. When I transfer it to the secondary I would like to add some more oak. Can anyone recommend what I should add?
A Shiraz-Merlot blend, sounds nice. Out of interest, how much oak was included in the kit?

Steve

Hi Steve,
I'm not to sure of the amounts, I already threw the packages away. There were two small white bags, one American oak, and the other French oak.

Another question, I checked the temperature of this wine in the primary last night, and it was at 85, I checked again this morning and I managed to get it down to 74. Is that high temperature going to cause any problems? It was still fermenting this morning.

Another question, I checked the temperature of this wine in the primary last night, and it was at 85, I checked again this morning and I managed to get it down to 74. Is that high temperature going to cause any problems? It was still fermenting this morning.

What was the yeast? Generally you shouldn't have a problem with that kind of temperature in a red wine fermentation (whites are a different story). Some red fermentations can get quite warm on their own. Home winemakers are fortunate to not have to stress over temperature as much as beer makers have to.

Latest posts

Back