Vineco 2014 Kenridge Showcase LE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zalai

Reaction score
What do you guys think about this years limited edition kits ?
Tempranillo garnacha ,
Shiraz Grenache with grape skins ,
Riesling Gewurzt Chardonnay ,
Primitivo ,
California Grand Red #2 with grapes skins .
If you made last years Grand Red #1 would you buy this years Grand Red #2 ?

Would u mind posting a link I can't seem to find anything on it. I have the Cali north coast grand red in the carboy ill let u knkd my impressions when it's a bit older. So far so good

Several sound good. It would be an easier choice if the Primivito came with grape pack.
Sharaz Grenache sounds good too.

Some signs that it is pretty much Fall:

1) Sun sets noticeably earlier
2) Nights start to get cooler
3) Football season starts
4) Limited edition wine kits get announced

Maybe the Shiraz-Grenache. My 2013 CA Grand Red will come out of the barrel this week. I won't be buying another, only because I haven't even bottled this one. But so far, it's great, and I'd definitely recommend it.

tonyt said:
Several sound good. It would be an easier choice if the Primivito came with grape pack.
Sharaz Grenache sounds good too.

I agree. The two reds that I want don't have grape skins. I will probably wait to see what the other limiteds are this year before I preorder.

Josh

Hmmm...I had my eye on the Primivito after trying a superb commercial wine, but am now less inclined to get it now knowing that it doesn't come with a grape pack. Good to know. Thanks for the posting!

I snagged the Riesling Gewurzt Chardonnay as well as a couple of the other LR kits from the other guys. Should be awesome. I make red wine from fresh grapes these days but still make whites from the ultra premium kits. About as close to the real deal as you can get IMHO.

Hmmm...I had my eye on the Primivito after trying a superb commercial wine, but am now less inclined to get it now knowing that it doesn't come with a grape pack. Good to know. Thanks for the posting!

I think sometimes we lose sight of the fact that some red kits make wines that are still good despite not coming with crushed grapes. It would be nice if the kit did come with crushed grapes, yes. I would think, though, the quality of the juice/concentrate in these LE kits would be better than the standard offerings. Plus, these kits are all 18L.

I think sometimes we lose sight of the fact that some red kits make wines that are still good despite not coming with crushed grapes. It would be nice if the kit did come with crushed grapes, yes. I would think, though, the quality of the juice/concentrate in these LE kits would be better than the standard offerings. Plus, these kits are all 18L.

I have stated exactly that on another thread. I should have come back here and edited my comment above. In fact I ordered the Kenridge Showcase Tempranillo Granacha that did not come with a grape pack. I expect that the juice is sourced such that a grape pack was unnecessary or unavailable.

Btw the Mosti Meglioli Sicilian Prmitivo does come with a grape pack from Fine Vine Wines. I would post the link but their links never seem to copy over and work for me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification. The very first kit I made did not have a pack and the end product turned me off buying a kit without grapes. (It was also a pretty low-end kit as well, which probably also played a part). I guess 18L would make a difference. I did see the MMM has a Primivito. This looks pretty tempting as well...

I have the Tempranillo Garnacha finishing up fermentation now. I almost didn't get it due to no grape pack but decided the 18L LE kits are bound to be good.

Got my fingers crossed.

I ordered the Kenridge Primitivo LE but it hasn't shipped yet. Also ordered the Nero D'avola and Petite Verdot RQ from Spagnols. All from Fine Vine Wines, I am just waiting for them to ship out - looking forward to trying them!

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Makin

I just tasted last year's Grand Red #1. It is awesome at 10 months. Big tannins, full body and great mouthfeel. I'm impressed.

Great news JMK! I have this same kit bulk aging. Looking forward to it. Mine has a long time to go before I even bottle.

Josh

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Some of you were whishing for a Primitivo kit with a grape skins pack . I would recommend you to check out the new Italian Zinfandel kit from Cellar Classic Winery Series . I think the Old Vine Zinfandel is going out and the Italian is replacing it .:b

Screenshot_2014-04-13-11-06-10.jpg

Zalai, thanks for posting this! I wasn't aware that the Italian Zinfandel was part of the Winery Series! This is very exciting. I just made my first kit from this line last month (Rosso Grande Excellent) and it is superb!!

Latest posts

Back