Vineco Cheeky Monkey Cabernet Merlot Garnacha (Spain)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_rayway

Always busy
Reaction score
Anyone tried this yet?

I was told they just started getting it back in stock because they didn't have a supply of the ingredients for quite awhile.

Am hoping it'll be big, fat and juicy :b

Just in case anyone tries this, at 2 months old when I bottled it - excellent!

It has that silky mouthfeel and fruit from merlot; the dark berry, tar and tobacco from the cabernet; and the spice from garnacha. Absolutely fantastic for a $70 kit. It came with med toast oak chips for the primary.

I will definitely be doing this one again!

It sounds good. I have two wines aging and two kits enroute due in the next few days. When I get those put away I may give it a go.

Wine Sense in Winnipeg. I try to get them when they come on sale for $60, but that is not very often :)

Holy expensive wine Batman! For a Cheeky Monkey?!? It's considered a 'low end' kit here...

To be honest, I haven't really done any 'high end' kits (Like CC Showcase). But We really like the Cheeky Monkeys. As far as I can tell they are the best bang for your buck at this price level, and the next one up ($80-$90).

We popped open a bottle of this last night for a dinner party and it went over exceptionally well. No one could believe it was only 2 months old. It looks like it will be a favourite, and a multiple do-over ;)

I like Cheeky Monkey too - usually do a high end kit 1 month and Cheeky Monkey the next. Also most of my whites are Cheeky Monkey or low end kits.
I have not tried this kit yet, but it is on my radar. Around here $79.99 for a Cheeky Monkey kit ( this month $10.00 off)

Latest posts

Back