Vineco What Sg should I expect from a reserve du chateau

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olusteebus

Reaction score
cabernet kit. I Really need a ending ferment at .990 but I am guessing I will be lucky to get a .995.

I have a non kit (concentrated grape juice - Andersons) with blackberry that stuck at 1.009. I am not able to restart a ferment - tried 3 times, the last using the correct method per grapestompers or Jack Heller. I did only use one packet of ec118.

If I got a .990 -.991 from the Reserve Du Chateau cab kit and blended with the 5 gallons of cab/bb, I should have a 1.000 sg overall, is that correct.

I want a dry cabernet.

Are they both five gallons? If not, would you use a weighted average instead of a "straight" average?

Are they both five gallons? If not, would you use a weighted average instead of a "straight" average?

It is five gallons on one and 5 gallons and one 750ml bottle on the other. I will leave the bottle out of it.

At this point, I don't think I can get that kit down to .990 so I guess I will have slightly sweet cabernet.

I guess I could add some acid blend. would that help?

Latest posts

Back