Blood into Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone seen this Wine (and Rock and Roll) related documentary?

It just popped up on the radar yesterday and I have added it to my Netflix queue. Getting 4 stars in the reviews. The location they chose for the vineyard looks quite familiar....... Like it could have been shot just down the road from me!
smiley4.gif

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqUXBMQODqM"]Blood into Wine[/ame]

Finally got around to watching this yesterday. I thought it was pretty good. Not amazing but well worth a rent if you are interested in wine. Liked the soundtrack as well. Some pretty good tracks. The "fake cable show" interview portions fell pretty flat. Those scenes could have been left on the cutting room floor for sure.

It is exciting to see a new emerging wine region getting off the ground. Trying to grow vinifera noble in the higher elevations of AZ is quite an undertaking for sure. Lots of things going against you from the get go. Some portions of the vineyard were on their third planting in as many years!
smiley5.gif

I hadn't heard of them before this so I went and looked them up on Wine Spectator. They are only rated from 87 -89 points and price is from $40 - 80 for a bottle. There are a lot of wines in that point range for $10-$15.

I think his fans are buying them up as he goes around to Whole Foods and does a signing party numerous times a year. They only produce 350-400 cases of some of these wines so they can sell out pretty easily as some fans were buying 3-6 bottles at a whack in the movie.

Latest posts

Back