Other Reserve Du Chateau ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amozon has 6 week wine kits with pure juice 55 pound buckets I was wondering if anyone has ever tryed these because they have free shipping?

They are NOT all juice. From the Amarone listing...
Ingredients
grape juice concentrate, varietal grape juice, liquid invert sugar, tartaric acid, citric acid, tannin,diammonium phosphate,metabisulphite,bentonite, wine yeast,ascorbic acid,potassium sorbate,kieselsol, chitosan. ay contain oak.
Link to Amarone...http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001ELJK1E/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a standard kit reconstituted to equal 6 gallons to make you think its all juice. The only true All Juice kits I know of are the Mosti Mondaile All Juice kits and fresh juice buckets when those are in season. All others I believe are just either trying to fool you or are just trying to save you from adding bad water to the kit in case you dont have access to decent water? I have never seen this brand so cant help you as far as if its any good or not.

Most brands in this category arent very good. I like the RJS brand bit their bucket brand (Bolero) makes a terrible wine IMO. Mosti Mondiale makes a very goo wine which I would say is the next best thing to gape skin kits or top end other kits meaning ones you wouldnt usually get a grape pack with.

Most brands in this category arent very good. I like the RJS brand bit their bucket brand (Bolero) makes a terrible wine IMO. Mosti Mondiale makes a very goo wine which I would say is the next best thing to gape skin kits or top end other kits meaning ones you wouldnt usually get a grape pack with.

RJS has two bucket brands. The Bolero that Wade mentions is similar in quality to the 10-litre Grand Cru kits. The Pinot Grigio used to be very good, but I haven't had any in, oh, 6 years.

The second brand, Premier Cru, came out after my store was closed, so I have no experience with it. Comments on forums indicate that it is roughly equivalent to Cru Select.

Vineco makes the Vinterra 23-litre brand. Quality wise it is between their 16 litre kits Legacy and Ken Ridge Showcase. Vinterra definitely better than Bolero.

Steve

I purchased the box variety of the amarone from Amazon. For $70, I just couldn't pass it up.

I plan to start it next weekend. I will keep you informed of how it progresses.

I have a Chateau "bucket wine" Amarone from Paklab brewing now. It did not come with any grape/raison packs like I believe the Vineco Amarone has so it should be interesting. I will keep you posted on its flavour at each stage. As quote above from Tim V- you do get what you pay for and a bucket kit that has "must" kit on it is a kit with the water added regardless of price or temperature

I made a Gwurtz kit from this brand about a year ago. I do have to say, its very very nice tasting. Probably my favorite white so far. It's got lots of complexity and flavor to it! Great deal for the price!

I just ordered a sav. blanc kit from them yesterday so I will have to see how that turns out as well.

That being said, I wouldn't recommend buying a Red wine from these guys. I just don't see how enough flavor will be extracted without the skins being included. Might be a good base if you buy skins somewhere else and add lots of oak though.

I purchased the box variety of the amarone from Amazon. For $70, I just couldn't pass it up.

I plan to start it next weekend. I will keep you informed of how it progresses.

I just finished this kit after bulk ageing for 8 months. My wife said it was great and friends also said it was great.

I really don't care about the juice concentrate when it has a great finish. The local wine store's cheapest bottle of Amarone is $47.00.

I've made plenty of these kits and love them all. It's affordable and free shipping is hard to beat.

Try it, you'll like it............................

I just ordered an Australian Shiraz. I'll report back in a year or so. LOL

Who knows if it will be any good. But its not a very expensive experiment, so what the heck.

If you get one, I would strongly suggest reading Joeswine "thinking outside the box" thread. Those kind of kits can be altered to be much better than if you did not alter them.

I made a Barbaresco from one of these 55 pound bucket kits. It is FANTASTIC!

Amazon Kits

If you get one, I would strongly suggest reading Joeswine "thinking outside the box" thread. Those kind of kits can be altered to be much better than if you did not alter them.

I've posted before that the kits I bought from Amazon all turned out great. Learn Joe's secrets about thinking outside the box and you can make these great.

I just ordered an Australian Shiraz. I'll report back in a year or so. LOL

Who knows if it will be any good. But its not a very expensive experiment, so what the heck.

I'm a little late on my promise to report back. I was totally disappointed with this kit. It was very thin, harsh and low on any sort of flavor . We tried it at about 6 months in the bottle and just laughed at it. It did improve slightly after a year and we did manage to drink it, but I can't say we really enjoyed it. It reminded me of Barefoot Shiraz, but not as good. Seriously.

I won't be buying anymore.

Mine was good fresh. Aged terribly - thin & harsh just as the above posted said. I ended up dumping half. Have one bottle left on the shelf, I'm not sure why.

I had made probably 30 of the box kits of that brand, lots of tweaking, but they all turned out quite good. Found a 3 yr old Valpolicella hiding and it was really good.

I have never done the bucket.

I am ready to attempt one of the Fontana kits on Amazon, probably after the Chilean juices come in

Latest posts

Back