How can I make Jager?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive missed all of you terribly much, I have thought of you daily
its that time of year when the rose hip flowers are b;looming.

If you ever make the Jagermeister, here is a great label for it.

Jagermeister_logo35.jpg

Ok, I'll ask, why not just buy a bottle of Jager?

there are several reasons:
1. There may be a huge EMP that knocks out the supply lines from Europe making Jager (and a lot of other things unavailable)
2. In the event of the above, you may be surrounded by Jager loving hordes and being able to trade/make the stuff is a valuable trading chip.
3. Dec 21 2012 is getting closer and closer, and well, you never know....
4. Lacking access to the nearest Duty Free Shop, it may well be cheaper. (I have found that making your own wine, beer, liqueurs to be very cost effective)
5. The real reason we are all here: It's fun.

Abby who probably should lay off watching "Doomsday Preppers"

Essence

$25-$30 for a bottle of Jager, $4.49 (essence)+ $5-$15 for vodka.....

The "Jager-bitter" falls far short in flavor. I've tried it several times. I've considered using it as a start, but after you add the extra ingredients, then the vodka, you are near the retail price of a bottle. Im trying to make it using all original ingredients, then make my own "essence"
THAT, is the point, I believe. To mimic the Jager taste, and remain cost effective.

let us know your recipe!
I know the essence's don't make exactly the liquor they try to mimic but with some tweeking you can get close. In a lot of cases the copy is not as good as the original.

Lol, good question Julie!
But as you make many of your own items, you already know its part 'bragging rights', and part looking for a less-expensive (and hopefully superior) product.

I began my journey many years ago with a recipe from a friend for coffee liquor.
And as many people can attest, ANY homemade recipe for this is far superior to Kahlua.

Latest posts

Back