Vineco Vineco reorganization

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhattin

Reaction score
Talking with my local WineKitz franchisee, and he says that Vineco is changing its franchise organization and removing a layer of management - REgional directors are going or are gone. There will also be a realignment of products with the Wine Kitz, Wine Art and Cellarcraft lines going to one line. Some of the middle and lower class kits will be replaced with their opposite number in WE and WK. Cellarcraft will take over the Sommelier 18 l line ( great news). Can anyone out there confirm or provide some news on these changes .
I can see where this is going to be a major dog fight with the franchise stores.
Or is this just in Atlantic Canada???
Ric

I can see where this is going to be a major dog fight with the franchise stores.
Ric
Not sure what you mean by "dog fight". Technically, only the WineKitz stores are franchises. Retailers of WE, Vineco, RJS are not franchises and can deal with whoever they want.

I'm not surprised that Vineco is reducing the number of lines.

Steve

Dog fight definition

I can see where a franchise store will have to be given an area of exclusivity for certain products, some of which are/were carried by the other banner stores. Somebody has to take a hit. And if the WE products are now available to the previous WK stores what is the basis of competition - can't be price or delivery.
I think RJS belongs to Constellation brand and is actually the only competition to the Global Vintners group which includes Kendridge, WE Vineco ,and WK. I hope somebody can figure this whole think out for us little guys. Or maybe it is intentional.
Ric

Well I don't know what happened, but Tim V doesn't work for Winexpert any more effective (I believe) the start of the year.

Steve

Well I don't know what happened, but Tim V doesn't work for Winexpert any more effective (I believe) the start of the year.

Steve
I think that's correct. I had a brief communication with Tim, but he gave no details. I thought that this news (vineco re-org) explained it.

According to his LinkedIn profile, he is no longer with WineExpert. Looks like he started his own business as a consultant to the industry.

Adam

Fallout from the Vineco implosion

Tim V was one of the most respected and informed person I have ever met in this business, ibglowin and superdawg not withstanding. He was also funny. How do you replace that knowledge??
Ric H

I think that's correct. I had a brief communication with Tim, but he gave no details. I thought that this news (vineco re-org) explained it.
It may be related, but Winexpert was not part of Vineco. Although both were part of Global Vintners.

Steve

It may be related, but Winexpert was not part of Vineco. Although both were part of Global Vintners.

Steve

Thats right, Global Vintners is the parent company to Winexpert, Vineco, Cellar Craft and Wine Kitz.

My understanding of the situation is Wine Kitz is leaving the "franchise" game, and will lose some of its product lines. The 18L Sommelier Reserve line will be gone and replaced with Cellar Craft Showcase. They will be keeping their exclusive "Traditional Vintage" and "Ultimate Estate Reserve" product line but the "Country Mist" will now be "Niagara Mist"
I think each company will have some exclusive product lines but will share some as well.

I may not be 100% accurate but thats what I gathered from my local store.

Latest posts

Back