Vineco Kenridge Sangioves-Cabernet Sauvignon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am making a triple batch of this limited release wine and this is my first experience with Kenridge (which I think is a Vineco product). This has been very different from the many other kits that I have made. I started this on 5-21, racked to secondary on 5-26 and as of today (7-4) it is still fermenting. This is quite a bit longer than any other kit I can remember.

This is from my log:

5-21 SG 1.082 (Seemed very low)
5-22 SG 1.084 (Probably due to grape packs being added)
5-23 AM SG 1.074 Rapid fermentation
5-23 PM SG 1.064
5-24 SG 1.052
5-25 SG 1.037
5-26 SG 1.024 (Racked to secondary a little early due to personal schedule commitments)
6-12 SG 0.998
7-4 SG 0.994 (Bouquet is very nice, color on the light side, still signs of active fermentation)

My issue is that the instructions direct to do nothing further (e.g. add oak, clarify, stabilize, etc.) until fermentation ceases.

Has anyone else made this wine? If so, what was your starting SG? What was you experience with the fermentation?

Tanga you too much! (Poppy's words)

Rocky,

I made this kit a couple months back and mine is currently bulk aging. I had a similar starting SG as you as mine was 1.080ish. I went with it and tried not to worry hoping that it was the same issue as the WE LE NEBBIOLO Kit. That grape pack was so thick that I figured it would take some time for the sugars to come out.

In terms of fermentation, mine did not take nearly as long as yours. I was at .994 after about 15 days and it stayed there until I racked again at day 25 with no signs of fermentation.

Do you think it could just be degassing itself and fermentation is actually complete?

-Josh

Hey Josh, thanks for the information. I thought that it might be degassing but the SG is continuing to drop so I am not sure. It could be a combination of fermentation and degassing. I am letting alone for the time being but my concern is I will have to rack and add the oak and finings pretty soon. Thank you for your reply.

Latest posts

Back