WineXpert Rosso Fortissimo and heat

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djcoop

Reaction score
Well, I came home from vacation to find that my air conditioner had stopped working while on vacation. Now, if that doesn't throw you back into reality, I don't know what does. My house was floating between 85-90 degrees, not bad since it was like 108 outside. Anywho, I noticed that in my carboy, my rosso's volume seemed to expand by about an inch. It was an inch higher!
smiley22.gif
Then, once my air conditioner was fixed later that evening, it receeded back to it's normal level. I tasted a few days later, and it tasted fine, I racked over to another carboy, add 1/2 c h20 and a campden tab and will bottle in a few weeks. Any thoughts as to what was going on??

This is just the normal expansion of a liquid when it is heated and contraction when it is cooled.

Fun Facts: In general, liquids expand more than solids, and gases expand more than liquids. This is due to the relative amount of energy contained in the molecules in each state. When things expand, they take up more space as they are moving around more vigorously, not because the molecules themselves are growing in size.

Welcome back DJ!

Awe Man!! I thought maybe I had discovered a way to make wine multiply
smiley2.gif

Hey masta For every 10 miles of railroad track, They willexpand and contract 10 feet in length Due to the heat of summer and the cold in winter.

It's a shame that brains don't expand in the heat. THen we could all be smarter during the summer vacation.

It's a shame that wallets don't expand at the same time.

Latest posts

Back